Navigation on top of image

+2 Stephanie Coyle · October 19, 2015
Hi Everyone, how are you all doing its been a while since I have visited the forum. I am in the process of designing my own website however, I am stuck on getting text or navigation bar menu on top of the image. I have taken a few print screens of of both the code and the website so that you can see what I am trying to do.

I appericate your help, thank you.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Ged Murphy · October 22, 2015
Hi Steven i Don,t seem able to see your screenshots?.
0 Stephanie Coyle · October 22, 2015
Hi Ged, it's Stephanie not Steven lol. Sorry I thought I did attach the images but I guess they didn't attach. I have managed to set the image as a background image which seems to work but half of my image it's missing from the template, how do I get the full image down so that it displays the full image?

How do I move the text down? Thank you for reply I appreciate it.
0 Abdullah Nauman · October 24, 2015
You could use padding or margin to move the text down, and use the 'background-size' command in CSS to get your desired image background size. Also if you could post your code, i'll be able to help you better.
0 Stephanie Coyle · November 5, 2015
I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to this thread, I have attached 2 images of my code and how it looks online. I am trying to get to menu to sit towards the bottom of the image, also I am trying to make the colour of the div shorter but I can't seem to do that.

As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.