App theme changing problem with Android studio 1.4

0 Suson Waiba · October 19, 2015
/images/forum/upload/2015-10-19/1a036f72c8e8a348c0386d2fdfd89d90.png

This is what happening with my android studio 1.4 while changing theme. Everything works fine but while changing theme to Meterial Light this is what showing.. and while running the project it got error and app is not working.. 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · October 20, 2015
Good screenshot: it makes for a quick diagnosis.

Are you using Theme.AppCompat? That library is required when using the design support library. All of this information is in the exception thrown part of the screenshot.
0 Suson Waiba · October 20, 2015
I am not editing style.xml file..! i just selected theme from the icon. and it is not working..!
0 Dol Lod · October 20, 2015
Can you just make sure that your theme starts with Theme.AppCompat and your activity extends AppCompatActivity.
0 David Gorender · October 22, 2015
I'm having the same issue. I was doing the android for begginers tutorial, did every setup step, and when I selected the icon to change the theme(material light) it gave that error. Was that supossed to happen? I didn't change or code anything, it was still the hello world basic project.
0 Carlos Hernandez · October 26, 2015
I am having issues with the same exact problem. The rendering issue and starting up my app on the emulator. My app that I created with java is not working, followed all the steps on the android for beginners tutorial.
0 Anshul Sasan · October 26, 2015
Don't choose the blank activity, choose an EMPTY ACTIVITY instead
0 Tyler Jones · October 26, 2015
Hey. I was having this issue myself, but I think I solved it. When you're creating your new project, create it as a Empty Activity instead of a Blank Activity. I spent a lot of time trying to get this to work, before trying this, so I hope it helps.

Java / Android Development

107,243 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator