Rendering Problems: Missing Styles

+1 Joe Man · October 13, 2015
Hi!

I just started the beginner tutorial videos on Android Development 2015 but I can't seem to resolve this issue. 
When I try to switch to any other theme besides the default I get this error message:
/images/forum/upload/2015-10-13/b06df033fbbae477aba8923176c66851.PNG
I've tried Invalidating and restarting. Then I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Java and Android studio.
The SDK manager looks a little different than in the time of the video's recording but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. For now I guess I can follow along using the default theme.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Gary Whitney · October 14, 2015
In a perfect world... Android Studio would install everything perfectly.
I have installed 3 versions in the few months I have bee trying to learn this, and everyone had a problem.
One time the tools and the SDK were different versions.
Yesterday I found that A.S. didn't install the link to the the support library so it couldn't recognize the ActionBarActivity or v7Support.

I wish I knew where to direct you. It is very frustrating when you just want to follow along and you have to spend your time researching the IDE..

Maybe your problem is as simple as you picked a minimum SDK that doesn't support the theme you want to use.

Java / Android Development

106,924 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator