internal link display none to block

+1 daniel ophir · September 26, 2015
Hello everyone I'm pretty new to web design and I'm trying to create internal link (inside a section) just to switch between the articles I need a few buttons like that but for now the concept will be enough here is the example:

That is the internal links or buttons how ever you want to call them.

<div id="new_div">
<nav id="nav">
<ul>
<div id="link1">
<li><a href= "#aboutme" class="button button-large button-primary">About me</a></li>
</div>
<div id="link4">
<li><a href= "#contactinfo" class="button">Contact info</a></li>
</div>

That is the section i need the visibility and display to change on both.

<section id="main_section">
<div>
<article id="aboutme" style="visibility: visible;">
<header><h1>About me</h1></header>
<p>bla bla bla yate yate yate etc etc etc...</p>
<footer><p id="signature">Made by Daniel.O.</p></footer>
</article>
</div>
<div>
<article id="contactinfo" style="visibility: hidden; display: none; ..">
<header><h1>Contact info</h1></header>
<p>bla bla bla yate yate yate etc etc etc...</p>
<footer><p id="signature">Made by Daniel.O.</p></footer>
</article>
</div>
</section>

all i need is to switch between the articles and for now i couldn't even managed to make the link for the contactinfo so any help will be appreciated!

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 daniel ophir · October 5, 2015
It's working pretty nice, but one more issue for now: the back on browser is not working like i can't see what was the previous article
0 Aakash Ahmed · October 6, 2015
no no you can't  override browser back button with javascript. the back button only shows previous page that you loaded before this page
0 daniel ophir · October 6, 2015
I have two problems with the website now:
1. the article in the URL is not necessarily that one that is showing meaning i will see www.example.com#aboutme and the article in the center will be contact info
2.this is the the continuing of the first problem when i press back button on the browser i see the same article but the URL changes www.example.com#contactinfo before the back button and after www.example.com#aboutme (as it was the last page i was in) but then again i go back to the first problem the article itself doesn't change beside that, its good the jquery code you gave me helped me so far thanks a lot.
just those two issues and if it's not JS or Jquery code tell me what sub forum to go to.  

Javascript

107,103 followers
About

A scripting language that is added to standard HTML to create interactive effects, apps, games for the browser.

Links
Moderators