Help me with this normalization?

0 qoley vision · September 16, 2015
i have create a normalization 1NF, 2NF, 3NF but i not sure if it is right or wrong. can anyone try create it because i want certainty. thanks.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Casper Hollemans · September 20, 2015
mhh the man above has done a better job. :p 
0 Ron Butcher · September 20, 2015
Here is a DB that I would use based on what you provided, but I would also need more information before finalizing it.

The Employee information can be placed into one table and the login info into another.  This can increase user security a little bit by restricting access to the login table.

The employee certifications can be placed into another table as well.  Now if you really want to, you could split this into two tables.  One that lists possible certifications, and the other that assigned the certification ID's to the employees.  I did not do this because there were no ID's listed in your table.  

The Job's table is were I would need more information.  It appears that each job description shares the same grade and licenseJob.  For this reason I put them all in the same table.  If this was not really supposed to be the case, it could be separated into more tables.

Based on the information you gave, I think that this is the most efficient solution.
0 qoley vision · September 18, 2015
but sir, someone who gave me this question told me its have 5 table. 
0 mike richardson · September 18, 2015
Is that one table? 
0 Casper Hollemans · September 16, 2015
it's pretty easy since you only got data of the same type

1 thing I see is a empID and a login ID, is the login for a session? else I'd delete it, it's a double and useless.

(full capital means key)

0NF = 1NF(EMPID, empName, empSalary, JobId, LicenseJob, JobDescription, grade, certName, LoginID, LoginPass)

2NF = 1NF

3NF = (EMPID, empName, empSalary, JOBID, certName)  --> Employe(idk how to spell that)
            (JOBID, LicenseJob, JobDescription, grade)             --> jobs
            (EMPID, LoginID, LoginPass)                                       --> passwords

i feel like there is some data missing and don't really know what to do with LoginID so i can't quite tell if it's 100% good

SQL & Databases

Everything SQL and Databases related in here!

Bucky Roberts Administrator