Need some explanation ..

0 Abdurrahman M. Rabah · September 10, 2015
A friend of mine want to learn designing chatting apps or programs .. ( like whatsapp, facebook messenger etc .. ), he wants to know how to design the chatting thing and the backgrounds etc ..
What should he learn first ?
or what is his path ?

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
so ?
0 Jon Z. · September 10, 2015
does he have any background?
Probably learn about sockets. if not background at all start the Java series from the beginning.
So Jon ..
He does not have any backgrounds at all .. my friend & I are currently together in one project .. creating the chatting app, I began Java from the whole beginning and thanks god I am doing pretty good job understanding it .. but he does not have any backgrounds at all, all what I want from him is just designing the background and all of this simple stuff, like chatting background, setting etc .. ( Coding thing is on me )
So what are you saying at this point ?
0 Jon Z. · September 10, 2015
you need to learn about sockets, that's how to make a program communicate with another program over a network.
i think Bucky has has videos on that by the middle-end of the intermediate java series...just keep watching.
0 Ian Arbuckle · September 10, 2015
First of all you need to gain knowledge of socket.io. The most popular language in developing chat messengers on the web apps is JavaScript with nodejs library. You will also need mongodb to store messages in a database. 
0 Ahmed Tamer · September 10, 2015
Soot Sorsor El 7akl :D :3
0 Ahmed Tamer · September 10, 2015
I'm His Friend ...
Now we asking for how to start in designing devolopment  ...
Not chatting app
#Chatting belongs to him Abdelrahman Rabah !
0 Jon Z. · September 11, 2015
you mean designing the graphic interface?
0 jethro daniel · September 11, 2015
Go for c#. Checke out the xamarin framework..So you can make the app cross platform
0 Jon Z. · September 11, 2015
I guess for designing your project think of what you want your program to do and come up with the specifications. 
Then you can use UML diagrams to get an idea of how the program is going to work, and build it from there.
I'd stay with Java if you are already comfortable with it.
By the end of the intermediate java series Bucky has similar project to what you are describing.

General Chat

107,035 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator