Replacing images with text when a radio button is clicked

0 Ranjeet Kumar · September 10, 2015
I am a beginner in android development. I am trying to develop an application & as a test run it is a Q&A app. I am facing an issue while creating pages, as the pages have 2 radio buttons in a radio group, the center of the page has an image, and have few buttons(Next, Previous, Home) at the bottom. I want a functionality that, whenever a user clicks on a radio button the image needs to disappear and the answer (Text) needs to appear in a scroll text box. The app is Yes/No based so when either button is clicked the image need to disappear and text needs to replace it. I searched few android developer forum communities look for a genuine solution, hoping a satisfactory solution form this platform.
Thanks in Advance

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · September 11, 2015
This is just a thought, but what about using a fragment? Have your activity switch between 2 fragments or 2 layouts with one containing the text view and the other, an image?

Another idea is to declare the drawable and textbox and put them side by side. Then make one of them visible according to when a radio button is pressed.

That is all I can think of at the top of my head.

Java / Android Development

106,967 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator