One Question

0 Sahaj _ · September 9, 2015
Hey bacon lovers!

So I have D-Link DSL-2730U modem with Wi-Fi. I don't know anything about networking and I am thinking of learning it, because I want to learn Bucky's Wireless Security tutorials. So, my question is, Bucky recommended TP-Link TL-WN722N wireless adapter. So, would TP-Link TL-WN722N be compatible and would connect to my modem?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. (I am sure it is. :P)

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Vjekoslav Baric · September 17, 2015
I don't see that course here but I' ll try to answer it.
He is probably using virtual machine and that is the main reason why you need external wlan adapter even though you have it in your laptop. Problem isn't much in compatibility of your wlan with router because standard is the same for both devices, it s more with virtual machine and OS on it and wlan adapter.

Also try to look for wlan adapter able to perform package injection because that will speed things a lot when you are attacking someones WEP encryted network and also you will be able to perform denial of service attack against their router and jamm their network :)
+1 Sahaj _ · September 21, 2015
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful! :)

I ordered TP-Link TL-WN722N, the one that Bucky is using. Bucky knows his stuff, so, I think I made the right choice. :D

Networking

107,086 followers
About

Chat about routers, switches and firewalls, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator