What is the purpose of life

+1 Jeff the Killer · August 24, 2015
sometimes it can get boring, but what makes you strive for it?

Post a Reply

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Betty hardy · November 7, 2015
i recently read "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, and he talks about this very thing in his book. Dr. Frankl was a psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor. After the war, he developed an existential therapy method that he called 'logotherapy,' and the basic premise of the therapy was that everyone needs to find meaning and purpose in their life to be psychologically healthy. He said that he noted in the camps that those who survived had something to live for. Those who did not have something, or who gave up on that something, quickly perished. He also said that those who survived that found what they had been living for was gone (like a loved one or a family member) also died.

The meaning for each of us is quite different. For one person, it might be their family, another it would be their life's work, another it might be helping others, or even making money. No one but your friend knows what her purpose is. If it is serious enough, she may need to seek some help in discovering her meaning.
0 Linux Forever · November 4, 2015
Wel,I love programming so I guess you could say "I want to be the very best that no one ever was" XD.
0 Vaggelis Dou · November 4, 2015
Enjoy every day like is your last 
0 Milorad Jekic · November 3, 2015
yes, 42 is rly good answer :) 
greetings to all fellow hitchhikers :angel:
0 Zero . · October 30, 2015
Yeah My Purpose is Unknown to Man!
0 Alice Aduard · October 13, 2015
It depends on what you thinks about life to you. If you think it is nice, then it will be nice. If not, the opposite.
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · October 12, 2015
Life is about the journey, not the destination.
0 Jewel Huang · October 10, 2015
To lead a life satisfying Jesus and more and more like God, this is my purpose of life.
+1 James Kon · September 15, 2015
+2 Milan Obrenovic · September 14, 2015
today i've had  philosophy for the first time and oh God, she asked me the same thing as the title of this post...

General Chat

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Bucky Roberts Administrator