To all users...

+34 Bucky Roberts · July 18, 2014
This website is not perfect, nor will it ever be. There will always be bugs to fix, improvements to make, and users who you don’t like or will disagree with. 

Also, Lachlan and Sam are right, I don’t pay much attention to the Terms of Service. Honestly, it was written by some lawyer so that I would be protected just in case this site ever got hacked. It was never meant to be some law for users to follow. If I wanted to build a program that automatically banned users every time they used profanity or mentioned the word “hacking”, I would have. 

There is a grey area between swearing in a post and using excessive profanity. There is a grey area between getting in an argument with a user and constant harassment. So there is no formula that I can write, or rules that I can add to the Terms of Service that can explain the difference between what is acceptable and what is not. Future moderators will not be chosen based on their ability to follow the Terms of Service, but rather just normal users with good judgement and common sense. 

I don’t know what kind of website BuckysRoom is going to be in the future, but I do know that everyday we are working to make it a better place. I know that it will never be as big as Facebook and I am fine with that. In my eyes, the success of this website will not be determined by the number of users, but rather by the community that we build. 

Lastly, criticism about the site is not only welcome, but encouraged. It helps us improve the site, find bugs, and fix issues we may have otherwise not known about. Users are always free to speak their mind or voice their opinions at anytime. However, constant rude behavior toward other people, or demeaning users who are looking for help will always result in a permanent banning of your account. I don’t care how many forum posts you have, how long you’ve been a member, or if you are a programming genius. Any user who is degrading towards others will no longer be part of this community. And if that means that 90% of the users get banned or decide to leave, so be it. 

Right now, BuckysRoom is fun for me. It growing fast, the users are awesome, and I like being able to work on something that a lot of people enjoy. Like I said before, I know this will never be the biggest website, but hopefully we can make it one of the best.

I don’t know about you guys, but I would much rather be part of a small community that is helpful and friendly than a large one that is not.

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Pam 007 · May 29, 2016
guys, why can't I post a new topic in a section? like in C language section why can't I post a new topic asking about a problem I came across doing some coding ?

I can type the post and everything, but when i click submit, the topic doesn't appear in the forum ..tried it a few times as well ..
any ideas?
0 nmelssx nmelssx · May 28, 2016
Hear Hear.
0 Dhruv Singhal · May 28, 2016
:'(
0 Sampan Verma · May 6, 2016
You are wrong here Bucky. TheNewBoston is going to be one of the biggest websites...
+1 hitlar rajbhandari · May 6, 2016
The website has changed a lot.  Getting better and better. 
/images/forum/upload/2016-05-05/a86c10d31fba2182c05d56613abfd38e.jpg
+2 Mubarik Yusif · April 15, 2016
Thank you Bucky you my hero, motivation that keeps me up anytime i am down and i dont care what other think or say about your site because to me this site is the biggest and comparing it to other sites would be degrading you know why? simply because it's users do not only find bugs and issues and and report to moderator but they find mistakes and problems and submit solutions and suggestions to moderators
+5 Brendon McBain · July 30, 2014
Very well said Bucky. A smaller community packed with awesome people is much better than a big community with that one annoying guy who ruins it for us all! I give credit to you for making the website the way it is at this stage, it takes a lot of effort and determination. It may never be perfect, but hey, that's only ones opinion, right? ;)

As for the terms of conditions, they should only say: "Follow your heart, eat some tuna, and play nice."
+3 Kevin Anthony · July 27, 2014
That's a great write up there Bucky. Well put together and said. Couldn't agree more. Hope this website sticks around for a long time.
+5 Nikola Novakovic · July 21, 2014
Totally agreed :) 
+4 Ivan M. · July 18, 2014
This!

"I would much rather be part of a small community that is helpful and friendly than a large one that is not."

General Chat

107,176 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator