Python Beginner

+1 Sunny ch · August 17, 2015
Hi All,

I would be thankful if you can help me out in learning python. I am basically a BI developer working on SQL and BI tools but I am interested in programming. One of my friends advised me to start with Python and moreover the company in which I am working is using Python for building APIs and other automation stuff.
I have gone through so many tutorials etc but I haven't progressed much. I am very depressed that I am not progressing any where. :(
Please share your experiences on how to start programming. I really want to be a good programmer.

I would really appreciate for your inputs.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Sunny ch · August 18, 2015
Hi Halcyon,

Can you also send me the projects you worked on?

0 Sunny ch · August 18, 2015
Thank you so much Wernich.
I have already completed a coursera course.
It has covered basics and reading files.
OOPs concepts are confusing me.I have started watching Boston tutorials.
Where to go next. 

0 Halcyon Abraham Ramirez · August 17, 2015

take their python track.

funny enough I learned python through personal projects. I'd have a goal of what to make and start building it if there is something I didn't know I looked it up. and doing that made understand a little bit of python. and now I can say I have a decent grasp of the basics. maybe you could do that
0 wernich wilsenach · August 17, 2015
i know the feeling. when i look at a language and see what people do when i've just started learning about it, then i also feel a bit depressed. but the best thing you can do is to continue with it.

you've got sql already, so you know how a while and for loop works. python's syntax might be a bit different, but the idea still stays the same.

so far the only python learning i've done is on edx. it might be a good idea to have a look at the free university courses online. the lecuturers are very good and they're usually from the big universities.

check these out:

This section is all about snakes! Just kidding.

Bucky Roberts Administrator