printf("Good Gues it's high value");
}
else if(high=='l'&&sum

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Toyen . · August 19, 2015
But isnt r a string as well? If not is it because its just one character?
If I asked the user to enter their name that would be stored in that char variable then I would use double quotations because that would be a string?

Thats really strange that it picks up the line feed like that. I remember at the beginning it didn´t do this.

And thanks for the tip" suppressing the new line this way worked so every time I need to suppress something, I put the asterisk in front of it?

Also what about that roll? Any idea why am I getting the same number all the time?

Thanks very much for all your feedback : )
0 c student · August 19, 2015
in c, any sequence of characters which ends with a null terminator can be considered as a string be it one or thirty characters long.  double quotes represents a string with an implied null terminator at the end like so:
"this is a string"    // == this is a string\0

here is the man page for scanf: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/scanf.html

if you called rand, you will need to seed it with srand to alter the calculated value.  if you use a static seed, your rand will output a static value, if your seed is dynamic, your rand will output dynamic values.  the most common seed is the following:

#include 

srand (time (NULL));

you will only be required to call it once
0 Toyen . · August 24, 2015
Oh hey there again!

Thanks for clearing that up for me about the strings : )

I have no idea what seeding is and I dont know that function since Bucky did not use it but I looked it up here - http://www.tutorialspoint.com/c_standard_library/c_function_srand.htm

and I don´t quite get the part with the time_t t; thing.

What is that supposed to do?

Could you please tell me how would I incorporate it into my dice program? And why did Bucky not use it?

Thanks a lot! : ))
0 c student · August 24, 2015
there's a detailed description of time_t here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/471248/what-is-ultimately-a-time-t-typedef-to

ultimately, time_t is a data type like a char or int.  in unix or posix type systems, it is typedef as a signed int.
0 Toyen . · August 26, 2015
I see, thanks for the link, but what can I do with it and how can I use the srand function in my program?

And why did Bucky and Thalinda did not need to use it?

C

106,966 followers
About

One of the most popular languages of all time.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator