Intel Virtual Technology (VT-x) not supported.

+2 Rohit Gupta · August 7, 2015
I tried to find-out option to enable it from BIOS, but now I'm damn sure that there is no option for enabling VT-x.
When I'm trying to install HAXM I'm getting error "This computer does not support Intel Virtual Technology (VT-x)"
My processor is of Intel, 32-bit. and I'm using win-7.
I searched for this problem on many forums, but unsatisfied.

Please help me what I should do to run emulator for further app development from my machine.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Nishanth Nair · August 8, 2015
Hi Rohit

As of thr is no such option like VT-X. “Intel Virtualization Technology,” “Intel VT-x,” “Virtualization Extensions,” “Vanderpool,” or something similar which will be sometimes under security tab or on other tab...do naviate all tab you will definitely be able to find the word

The step is very simple

• Step I Restart your computer and go to BIOS mode Setup.

• Step II ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION which is disabled (this options are disabled by default with upcoming PCs)

• Restart your PC

• now install, it will work, and in case if " Launch Emulator" does not work make the change in the AVD Manager settings under advance settings.to 512 MB from GB

• BUT BEFORE THAT GO TO FILE HIPPO SITE AND DOWNLOAD PIRIFORM SPECCY AND RUN THE TOOL , AND ONCE THE APPLICATION STARTS CLICK ON THE CPU LINK ON LEFT SIDE AND CHECK IF YOUR VIRTUALIZATION IS ENABLED/DISABLED AND IF IS SUPPORTEDIF this work do let me know...or else ping me the screen short of ur BIOS by taking snap with ur mobile and add in this discussion... 

Thank You
0 Rohit Gupta · August 9, 2015
Thank you @Nishanth Nair for reply,

As you said, I tried to check the status with 'speccy' and I got to know that Virtualization is might not supported.

Now what should I do?

/images/forum/upload/2015-08-09/f4475b5c54754f7f069b0d4913a9b57c.png
0 Nishanth Nair · August 10, 2015
i guess my suggestion will be change ur system configuration(to at lest  i3) because if its not supported you wont be able to work

Java / Android Development

107,058 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator