AVD manager error

+1 Anuja Mishra · August 6, 2015
C:\Users\Hp\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -netdelay none -netspeed full -avd Nexus_5_API_22_x86
emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

I have checked Intelx86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) is already installed. Still I am getting this as the error. What should i do?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Troy Davis · August 8, 2015
I was seeing the same error message on my system. In my instance my cpu does not support Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x). One quick way to check if your cpu supports (VT-x) is to go to C:\Users\Hp\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\extras\intel  and then open the Hardware_ Accelerated_Execution_Manager    folder inside that click on the intelhaxm-android.exe.  If your cpu does not support ( VT-x) you will see a dialog box indicating that your cpu does not support VT, if your cpu does support (VT-x) you will see  Hardware Accelerated Manager Execution wizard dialog box that will allow you to click thru and  install haxm.exe.
0 Nishanth Nair · August 9, 2015
Hi Anuja and Troy

Troy you said it correct  and is absolutely  with you,

You have installed it from android studio but again it should be manually installed from
You have not installed the setup properly, coz when you were installing emulatorx86, you might have went across with the following error
“Emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!” Which means your (VT-X) is disabled, So you need to enable it from BIOS
Very first step is you need to enable your ( VT-X. ?) from BIOS

The steps are very simple

Step I Restart your computer and go to BIOS mode Setup.

Step II ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION which is disabled (this options are disabled by default with upcoming PCs)

VT-X  word will not be mentioned on BIOS so check for  the following words (Intel Virtualization Technology, Intel VT-x,?? Virtualization Extensions,? ?Vanderpool,? or something similar which will be sometimes under security tab or on other tab...do navigate all tab you will definitely be able to find the word)

Restart your PC
now install, it will work, and in case if " Launch Emulator" does not work make the change in the AVD Manager settings under advance settings.to 512 MB from GB

BUT BEFORE THAT GO TO FILE HIPPO SITE AND DOWNLOAD PIRIFORM SPECCY AND RUN THE TOOL , AND ONCE THE APPLICATION STARTS CLICK ON THE CPU LINK ON LEFT SIDE AND CHECK IF YOUR VIRTUALIZATION IS ENABLED/DISABLED AND IF IS SUPPORTED

IF this work do let me know...or else ping me the screen short of ur BIOS by taking snap with ur mobile and add in this discussion...

Thank You

0 Floro Alcantara · August 9, 2015
first see in advance options in BIOS settings (in startup) and when you see something like Virtualization etc. just enable it ..
i think it is only available on system unit with intel processor... :) hope it works...
0 Floro Alcantara · August 9, 2015
just switch to enable the virtualization .... you can find it on your advance BIOS settings ... hope it helps you....  :)
0 Nishanth Nair · August 10, 2015
but do check if your VIRTUALIZATION IS  IS SUPPORTED from the tool I mentioned above if not supported then it will not work(based on config)
0 Akshay Jain · August 10, 2015
I created a new AVD with the below configuration.

4.65" 720X1280 xhdpi
Scale- 4 dp on one device

However the AVD is not booting up. After clicking the run tab on the AVD Manager against this AVD a progress bar runs but after the 100% progress it disappears and nothing boots up.
0 Raghav Siddharth · August 10, 2015
Information:Gradle tasks [:app:assembleDebug]
:app:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:app:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE
:app:checkDebugManifest
:app:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
:app:prepareComAndroidSupportAppcompatV72220Library UP-TO-DATE
:app:prepareComAndroidSupportSupportV42220Library UP-TO-DATE
:app:prepareDebugDependencies
:app:compileDebugAidl FAILED
Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugAidl'.
> aidl is missing

Information:BUILD FAILED
Information:Total time: 4.541 secs
Information:1 error
Information:0 warnings
Information:See complete output in console

There's an error in the console,emulator is working fine..Will it be a problem in future?is there anything im missing to install or update please help me out!
0 atul yadav · August 10, 2015
i am having the same problem but enabling virtulisation did'nt workd for me
and also turned on Hyper-V (found on internet) but still same error
" emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
 Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
 CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!"
PLZ HELP SOON BUCKY
0 Nishanth Nair · August 10, 2015
Dude follow my above mentioned comment
0 Asirini Ganegoda · August 10, 2015
I got this 'Cannot launch AVD in emulator' error u guys talking about.I have AMD processors.so cannot install Intel HAXM.Got any suggestions?
Thanks

Java / Android Development

107,070 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator