Overflow Menu

0 Alvin Chang · July 26, 2015
Hi,

I'm on the tutorial about the Overflow Menu or the 3 little dots but I cannot get those dots to show up even after I use the Material Light theme. I see the Action Bar but the those 3 dots. Please help, thank you.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Rip Van Winkle · August 10, 2015
I had the same problem: The 3 dots didn't show up in my activity_main.xml design. In the end, though, it didn't matter. After I entered all the code and tried running it, the dots were there, and the code ran as intended.

So don't get discouraged... Just keep going and see if you can get it to work. I actually ended up getting lost down a pretty deep rabbit hole, stubbornly trying to figure out exactly why the 3 dots didn't show up at first. I did learn some things, but not enough to understand all of it. I eventually decided to just shrug and move on, because I'm working on a pretty steep learning curve and don't want to lose momentum. I need to learn more basic knowledge first... Expert topics can wait for now.
0 Shashank Madhav · July 29, 2015
I am also stuck up with same issue, need help.

Java / Android Development

107,115 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator