Javascript VS jQuery

+3 Desi Kraiger · July 24, 2015
Should I learn/watch the javascript tutorials before I watch/learn jQuery or after.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 jethro daniel · August 23, 2015
Don't make that mistake my brother! Learn javascript first. It was thesame mistake I made, and up till today, I am still regretting. You would surley come across a problem that just jquery can't solve, and you would require to use plain javascript.
0 Brotsky Tv · August 22, 2015
Hey there !

Javascript :

JavaScript is a scripting language that was designed for use within a web browser. Typically, JavaScript is used for interface interactions. Slideshows and other interactive components are typically done using JavaScript.
JavaScript has many other uses as well. If you are familiar with using the Google email client Gmail, you have experienced the power of JavaScript firsthand. Many of the additional features and functionalities that make Gmail such a popular email solution are created using JavaScript.
The uses of JavaScript don’t stop there, however. JavaScript has also been used for server-side programming, game development, and even creating desktop applications.

Jquery:

Before jQuery was developed, web developers created their own custom frameworks in JavaScript. This allowed them to work around specific bugs without wasting time debugging common features. This led to groups of developers creating JavaScript libraries that were open source and free to use.
JQuery is simply a specific library of JavaScript code. There are many other JavaScript code libraries such as MooTools, but jQuery has become the most popular because it is so easy to use and extremely powerful.
While many web developers confuse JavaScript and jQuery as two separate programming languages, it is important for you to realize that they are both JavaScript. The difference is that jQuery has been optimized to perform many common scripting functions and it does so while using fewer lines of code.

For more Javascript tutorials :--->>   .brotsky.tv/category/javascript/
+1 Desi Kraiger · July 24, 2015
Thanks for the input 
+2 Sampan Verma · July 24, 2015
Yep JavaScript is a good choice without its knowledge, it will be useless
+2 Chandan A V · July 24, 2015
Better learn javascript  first 

Javascript

107,132 followers
About

A scripting language that is added to standard HTML to create interactive effects, apps, games for the browser.

Links
Moderators