Best Text Editor For Mac

+2 Frano Udovičić · July 11, 2014
Hi guys, I have a question for you mac users. Which text editor do you use for programming on a mac? While I was on Windows, I was using Notepad++ and It was awesome, but there is no mac version.

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+5 Mathias Frits Rørvik · July 13, 2014
Emacs.

Emacs is love, Emacs is life.
+4 James Grimshaw · July 14, 2014
Sublime Text 2 or PhpStorm. I slightly prefer Sublime though.
+3 Alan Johnson · July 16, 2014
Sublime text if you want a quick lightweight editor. I prefer an IDE though, I use phpstorm for web development and intellij idea for java and scala.
+3 Ashish Ahuja · July 14, 2014
I have used quite a bit of them including Coda 2, TextWrangler, BBedit, Textmate, Sublime Text 3. Each of them have their own strengths and drawbacks based on your situation and preferences. I would recommend you to try out the ones you can get your hands on for yourself. As far as I am concerned, I would strongly vote for Sublime Text 3 and Coda 2 as they offer some amazing features. :)
+2 William Frost · July 15, 2014
Sublime text for life
+2 Cate Peterson · July 16, 2014
Sublime Text 2.0 doesn't allow you to compile without going to a separate window called Terminal on mac. Apparently Emacs allows you to compile without leaving emacs and opens a separate io window for the program. I used Sublime Text 2.0 for my first  program this week and was very frustrated that I didn't under stand the Terminal gcc process. See my post under C.
+1 Luke Shimkus · September 6, 2014
If you are looking for a FTP editor I recommend TextWrangler:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textwrangler/id404010395?mt=12
+1 dyst0pia Flagitious · July 13, 2014
I use Coda 2 which is a great app text editing, but it's not free.
+1 Nathan Lloyd · July 18, 2014
You should try out the opensource Brackets, I use it often for Windows, but it works on Macs too
+1 Megos Unknown · August 9, 2014
"insert programmy comment here" 

Apple

107,101 followers
About

The area for Apple news, rumors, and discussions.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator