Problem starting Android emulator in Ubuntu

+1 jeni shah · July 6, 2015
I am new to android, and I have installed Android Studio on Ubuntu  14.04 When i try to launch emulator, I am getting this error:

Starting emulator for AVD 'Nexus_5_API_22_x86'
PANIC: HOME is defined but could not find Nexus_5_API_22_x86.ini file in $HOME/.android/avd
(Note: avd is searched in the order of $ANDROID_AVD_HOME,$ANDROID_SDK_HOME/.android/avd and $HOME/.android/avd)

I have unzipped Android Studio and Android sdk in /opt.
Can you please help me?

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Serite Ross · July 8, 2015
I'm new to Android Studio also but I've worked my way around quite a bit. I'm looking at my folder at $HOME/.android/avd and it seems you are missing a key component that is needed to start the virtual device. I have 'Nexus_5_API_22_x86.avd' and 'Nexus_5_API_22_x86.ini', you are missing 'Nexus_5_API_22_x86.ini'. I suggest you make another virtual device, i would think another .avd and .ini file would be made so it can be used properly. And make sure you aren't going through the file directory and moving or deleting anything. I do that sometimes and end up causing trouble lol. I hope that helps. If the new AVD works then delete the old one from the AVD Manager.
0 Serite Ross · July 8, 2015
And also if you feel like something is wrong with android studio, follow the tutorial on this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-make

I had all kinds of trouble before i used that. I was literally on the brink of tears many times previously from the trouble AS gave me. I'm also kind of a newbie to Ubuntu so my pain was deep :P

Java / Android Development

106,931 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator