Bootstrap or Foundation?

+5 Bucky Roberts · July 1, 2015
Which one do you prefer and why?

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Mr. Computer · August 5, 2015
+1 Brotsky Tv · September 28, 2015
hey there !

both frameworks is so good that the differences are almost negligible and are highly dependent on the context. Some permutation of different framework components and browser environments might have a trivial performance gap. In other words, the important differences revolve around features that support designers and developers.

Even with the differences I highlighted in mind, I don’t think either framework has a massive advantage. However, I personally prefer using Foundation because of its slightly more robust grid system. When I design new web projects, I always start by thinking about the mobile experience before I move on to larger screen sizes, and I personally feel like Foundation has a slight edge with block grids and collapsible rows. However, I do still enjoy using Bootstrap when I just need a quick site without much customization, because I find that Bootstrap is easier to theme.

You can know much more about this by reading these articles which shows clear cut differences of both the framework:

Look at some these videos to work around bootstrap:
0 john doe · September 27, 2015
i'm new to foundation and stuck dealing with opera desktop browser.. offcanvas doesnt work properly.. and it didnt create columns. and  menu icon for mobile didnt show.. anyone can help me with this..
0 Superman HC · July 1, 2015
If you enjoy having the option of working with so many themes... then go for Bootstrap...
I simply like bootstrap for that :D
0 Terry Horsman · August 15, 2015
I really enjoy using Foundation. The mobile first development strategy is a great way to develop for the future and the grid system is a very quick and efficient way to get started on a project. On the other hand Bootstrap has been around for awhile and the user community is quite large. It you want to just get started and develop for today, go for Bootstrap. If you want to develop for the future,  learn Foundation. Either way it will be a great journey. Good luck! 
0 leena joseph · September 29, 2015
Nowadays, many frameworks are good enough to fulfill whatever needs you want to have in web development. It totally relies on which environment you feel more suitable. So whatever you prefer to use it is really matter of that you enjoy most when using.

Bootstrap and Foundation are the world’s most popular front-end frameworks which are used by the “bootstrap designer” for creating a new web design project with full-responsive and modern site pattern. Recently i wrote one of the content about this. you can get information from here.
0 Abdullah Nauman · September 29, 2015

Learn JavaScript then jQuery. JavaScript Planet on youtube is a great resource.
0 Hristijan Ilieski · August 5, 2015
Can someone tell the real differences between Bootstrap and Foundation? I work with bootstrap for a while, but now I saw the new tutorial series for Foundation. So I don't know if it's better to stay with bootstrap, or not. :)
0 Gabriel James · August 5, 2015
Wat is d difference BTW dat and java scriot
0 Gabriel James · August 5, 2015
Pls after studying html and CSS what is next to sturdy 

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.