what is right sequence for web development tutorials ?

+1 anshuman patel · June 30, 2015
i am a new learner, and i happen to take interest in web development. 

I want to learn web development and shuffeled the internet for this and i found bucky sir's tutorial to be much effective on me. and i also have a doubt that in which order i should take the tutorials.

According to my research 

html 5.0 > xhtml with css > java script > php 

is this order right??

suggestions needed 

what more i can do to learn in right sequence

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 anshuman patel · July 5, 2015
yeah sure

and thanks again :-)
0 mike richardson · July 1, 2015

For web development, you would do HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript. You don't need PHP, that is a server-side language. You also don't need xhtml, it is outdated

You will need a server side language eventually. Does not have to be PHP but you will need one unless you are building very basic static web sites.  
0 Aju Antony · July 1, 2015
These are just the tools i would like to use personally, try to find your own mix through experimentation

if you just want the basic interfaces with mild interactivity then,
HTML5
CSS3
JavaScript (I tend to use jQuery and ignore JavaScript entirely)

if you want mediocre animations and interactions then,
HTML5
CSS3
jQuery (This is a JavaScript Library which can really save a lot of scripting time)
(AngularJS seems to be the new trend replacing jQuery though)

if you want over the top animations, frameworks, interactions and mobile first website then,
HTML5/CSS3
Twitter Bootstrap (This is just a design framework which can be used to develop responsive websites)
jQuery (and some of its plugins like jQuery-mobile and jQuery-UI)
(Again, AngularJS seems to be replacing jQuery so try experimenting with that)

if you want a backdrop database, some slight processing done for a forum based website with login and stuff then,
HTML5/CSS3
Twitter Bootstrap (This isn't the only framework out there, choose one that fits your website)
jQuery (with its plugins)
PHP / MySQL (Generally I use PHP only where there is a database involved, if there is no database and need for privacy of the users then I tend to use jQuery for in-website processing)

Please note that this is just an outlined sequence for developing a web project, you'll find yourself wondering back and forth between these steps from time to time; and sometimes you might be discarding the entire project and starting over again and again. Don't get discouraged from these aspects as all these are normal routine in the life of a programmer.

Happy Coding :)
0 Aju Antony · July 1, 2015
ya, i guess you are right; what i meant was that i would rather write jQuery instructions than JavaScript in its basic form :)
0 anshuman patel · July 2, 2015
thanks all

i will follow 

if you want a backdrop database, some slight processing done for a forum based website with login and stuff then,
HTML5/CSS3
Twitter Bootstrap (This isn't the only framework out there, choose one that fits your website)
jQuery (with its plugins)
PHP / MySQL(Generally I use PHP only where there is a database involved, if there is no database and need for privacy of the users then I tend to use jQuery for in-website processing)
0 Aju Antony · July 2, 2015
best of luck, do keep an open mind while you are learning all these tools. Once you have a basic idea of how everything works try experimenting with other tools and technologies too

Suggestions

106,964 followers
About

Tell me what you like about the forum and what sucks about it here.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator