I want to learn but I'm stuck please help!!!

0 android learner · June 29, 2015
How to run my app in the emulator?/images/forum/upload/2015-06-29/b44c369ba0c98dd40eb298b761f5aa14.png

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 android learner · July 2, 2015
@Ivan I updated my GPU driver and I also chose S2 instead of nexus and it works in both the GenyMotion as well as the default AVD manager

And as far as my code is concerned I missed the last curly braces and so now it works fine
thank you everyone for your help :)
0 android learner · July 10, 2015
Thank you Ivan 
0 Ivan Nobre Vereiski · July 7, 2015
Hi There!

@android Learner That's great news!!!

Now is the time to Bring us some cool apps!

Good luck!

Best regards,
0 PRASOON PANDEY · June 29, 2015
Please attach the screenshot of full code or try to run the app and attach the screenshot of errors.
From this attachment which is a part of full code, all looks cool :)
0 Brian Sherman · June 29, 2015
Simple! All you need to do is click the green arrow on the tooolbar. I highlighted it here for you! 

0 Ivan Nobre Vereiski · June 29, 2015
Hi there!

I think the problem here, Brian, is the same one I'm having.

My app is ok (I'm using the hello world as is out the box), it even runs ok in the devices I plug in, but it does not goes to the emulator. I created a post a while ago about this but so far no actual help... even android learner made an appearance there.

this is my post with all the information about my environment: https://www.thenewboston.com/forum/topic.php?id=7635

@Android learner : Have you tried using an actual device to run your app? just so we know it's exactly the same problem as I'm having or if it's something different?

Best regards,
0 Jagdeep Matharu · June 29, 2015
I faced the similar problem. In my case I had created the new virtual device and had enabled the snapshot. I just unchecked the checkbox Go to 
AVD Manager -> Select the device -> click Edit
and uncheck the Enabled checkbox. I hope this works.

another suggestion for emulators: I dont prefer using the "Default" AVD, I rather use GenyMotion. 
0 Ivan Nobre Vereiski · June 29, 2015
Hi there Jagdeep.

I tried it before and it didn't work... hope it helps Android learner...

You're the second one that suggests me to use GenyMotion... I was hopping to stay vanilla android studios to do some tests but as it seams it's not going to be possible... :ermm:

Best regards,

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator