Object Oriented Java?

0 Anthony Caesar · June 28, 2015
Hey Bucky,

My name is Anthony Caesar and I was just curious if it would be possible for you to create Object Oriented Java tutorials. I recently had a class where  it was asking me to make multiple Java classes and I was lost 1000%.I have some problem examples I can give as reference points but I never programmed making "objects" and I ended up dropping it.

Thank you, 
Anthony Caesar 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Branislav Lazic · June 28, 2015
Correct Kayler! Except! Interfaces are not objects. Interfaces are nothing but a classes. And class is not an object.
0 Number Double07 · June 28, 2015
Anthony, if you don't mind, can you show me some of those examples.  I would like to get a feel of what college type questions look like for this programming language. 
0 Ivan Nobre Vereiski · June 29, 2015
Hi there!

I think you misheard your professor Kayler...  Or he made a mistake... it happens to all of us...

And I would go further here, Branislav, and not call interfaces classes either cause, if I'm not mistaken here, you can't instantiate an interface... so I would call interfaces "interfaces"...

Please Anthony, show us the questions!

Best regards,
Ivan

Ps.:
It reminded me of a stack overflow discussion I saw many years ago about interfaces... it took a while but I found it on my favorites it's worth it : 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/383947/what-does-it-mean-to-program-to-an-interface
0 Branislav Lazic · June 29, 2015

And I would go further here, Branislav, and not call interfaces classes either cause, if I'm not mistaken here, you can't instantiate an interface... so I would call interfaces "interfaces"...

You can't instantiate abstract class either and yet it's still called a class. Ability to instantiate class is not necessary. Same as ability to extend it.
0 Ivan Nobre Vereiski · June 29, 2015
Touché sir!

Although the abstract here has a greater job than the class, imo, and as the saying goes, every rule needs an exception (no pun intended)!

I guess it's better to call the things what they are than... lol
0 Number Double07 · June 29, 2015
Isn't an interface an object oriented element?  From what I read, java is strictly object oriented.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I read that in an online tutorial.  
0 Branislav Lazic · June 30, 2015
By saying that interface is not a class is like saying that pitbull is a pitbull and not a dog. ;)
0 Branislav Lazic · June 30, 2015
Digging random SO question. Ok, touche for you. :)

Java / Android Development

106,932 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator