Non-Americans of thenewboston, what is your countries general feeling towards Americans?

+11 Bucky Roberts · June 12, 2015
Just wondering how different countries view Americans and the US in general. 

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+3 Baur Kozhaev · June 12, 2015
Hu Bucky 

I'm from Kazakhstan nowadays some people here do not like the US and the US people saying that Americans are arrogant and rude and so on and the US policy is to impose its rules around the world in order to manipulate contries to the US advantage. I recone it's because of today's Russian policy against the US.

However, what about me, I've been to the US in 2008 my younger bro was visiting the US in March this year he had a trip along the East Coast. Me and my brother liked the US and it's people. Moreover I've been living in Australia for a year and surely can claim the people are the same everywhere it's normal to run into bad and good guys everywhere even in Northern Korea )). 

Bucky I have a request could you arrange some kind of interactive programming courses like in codecademy.com or code school.
I started to learn Ruby and noticed that there is no Ruby on Rails at your computer science video list is it possible to arrange it.

Thank you.
+3 Ian Arbuckle · June 12, 2015
The Irish view Americans as terrible drinkers :P
+3 Scott Walker · June 12, 2015
English point of view

1. Americans are gullible (Fox news stated Birmingham was an all Muslim city, people actually believed it!!!!)

2. Suffer from superiority complex e.g. "America is better than your country because ... " but then lack reasoning to back it up or disregard the other persons reasons.

3. Play rather dull sports (American Football, Baseball) which are far too slow and your constant effort in calling football "soccer". A personal pet hate is having a Baseball World Series for a competition which is only played in the States.

4. Your gun laws are stupid and need revised, as well as your attitude towards them. The NRA's response to a school massacre was "Let's give the teachers guns", it's just daft

5. Spelling, Use the letter 'U' for God sakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

Probably the general English view although I will say that the Americans I have met are generally decent people. The idiots on the internet don't help your cause :-)

Would be interested to hear some American views on us English??
+3 Jonas Meise · June 13, 2015
Well I am from Switzerland and I think America has it's pros and cons. I always hear from really dumb people that live in America but I know that there is many more nice and intelligent people in America than most of the world thinks. It is always the same. We hear in the media from dumb people but in media no one mentiones the good people. I think this is an unfair  prejudgement that many people sadly have.

But what I really dislike is the political system of America. All those wars about money and might between Russia and America are so unneccessary. It seems to me like an enormous waste of ressources and it looks to me like all this is only about "who has the bigger **** ".  (Sry for that but it seems like a good way to describe what I mean^^)

I don't want to offense or blame any people in America because I think most of the American people are nice and think the same way.  And since I never actually was in America I am not the right one to judge their behaviour in any way. Also I think the thing I said about the political system is not just specific to America but to pretty much all governments in any country of the world. The ones who have the power are always using it to get more and this is sad but true. In place of "america" you could put any country you want and the description would still fit.

Only things that really disturbs me is the weapon laws in america. When I hear of people going to school with weapons and shooting random other people, or little 5 year old kids who take the weapon that is lying around in the room and then shoot their parents by accident I always think: Why are so many Americans still 'pro weapon for everyone'. It makes no sense to me and is very contradicting that Americans can buy weapons *for safety reasons* everywhere, while so many deaths are only caused through exatly the reason that everyone has a weapon.

But as I said. I don't think I am in the right to judge Americans in general since I always only hear of the dumb ones and I do not think that every American is acting that way.

Greetings from a swiss guy^^

LuPaw
+3 Simon Kl├╝ttermann · July 29, 2015
You all are stupid ignorant Bastards...best wishes from Germany
+2 Tatrasiel R · July 6, 2015
-- Ukraine 

Americans are afraid to solve problems they are afraid of conflict and feel that people should be "nice" . Instead of solving a problem you'd rather avoid it to keep a "good face". In the end it doesn't matter really how nice people were , I would like to see a solution and not have people avoid me.

Americans help a lot of other peoples. They are terrible in their own foreign policies.

I wish Americans were more genuine or cared about things. I get asked "how are you?" and people often don't stand to listen to how my day is. It's like you ask these things and don't really care but want to some how acknowledge that I exist.

You work too much. We typically get 21+ days off in a year. I had a month this year and many Americans work a year for 7 days off on vacation.

I wish American companies really cared about their workers. Your medical system is rather amazing. I used to translate for Ukrainian doctors and they said that "????????" (Skvaznyak) cold wind draft from open windows made you sick and gave you back pain. 

Over all I don't mind Americans. I just don't mind someone speaking their mind or sticking around to listen how my day is.
+2 Milan Obrenovic · June 13, 2015
It really depends on a person, so it's hard to say for the whole country.

From my country point of view (Serbia):

In the 1999, we had a place that was ours for about 30 years. Then, Albanians decided to conquer it. Our military was trying to defend our own continent, but no, Americans had to come and bomb the sh*t out of us with airplanes and everything they've got, because we were defending ourselves, of course.

I don't know the history very much but that event was the most tragic one, many civilians were killed in the bombings and blowing the bridges up, it was not cool. I was crossing the bridge, escaping from the bombs and literally 2 minutes after I crossed the bridge, a bomb fell and devastated the bridge completely, I guess i'm lucky to be alive...

TL;DR:
60% of people hate america because of those things and because of american corrupt government (most of the hate is because of the government).
40% of people like it because it is the best place for a living, graduating and having a stable job.
+2 Abdullah Nauman · June 14, 2015
People in Pakistan, actually like Mercia. They have helped us a lot, and slowly many of the problems are fading away thanks to America's helpful support. 
+2 Abdullah Nauman · June 14, 2015

I would guess that approximately 85-percent of the people using computers are using Microsoft products (created in the U.S.), 10-percent using Mac (created in the U.S.) and 5-percent using Linux.

Like I said, that is a guess/rough estimate.

The point is: What exactly has your country contributed??

Many other countries have contributed to computer. Also, all these computer are made in the Middle East and China. Not America. 

Guess you're waving the "white flag" of surrender?

I should expect no less.

Come on man, you are taking this too far. It's not like this is a war. It's just an expression on opinion. 

Jonas, if hearing the truth hurts your feelings and makes Americans sound arrogant; well, I'll shed a tear

When other countries step up to the plate and take care of themselves we will all be better off as a people.

The countries that America is helping actually need help. they can't stand up on their own. Let's look at the earth as a whole, and all of us as human. Not as individual countries, that are completely different. We are one. 

:) 
+2 Altaf Husain Neva · July 30, 2015
I see the citizens of America as the most advanced and civilized people comparing with other countries of the world.

But I have an opposite view about it's Government. The Government of America is the most oppressive government all over the world. They support Israel to acquire land which is actually not theirs. For Oil they blame Arab countries for WMD and then interfere in those countries. They divide India & Pakistan for their own sake. They spread the ISIS and other terrible terrorist groups in different Arab countries to get the excuse for intervention.
Anyways all the above stuff was for Government Organization and Multi-National Companies which help them.

For the citizens and layman of USA, I will tell the whole world that if you want to see the humanity as a domination on the population of any country than go and see the people of America. They care for each other. They care for their society. They are the most civilized. They are the most advanced in technology etc etc...

General Chat

107,100 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator