Rendering problems with Android Studio

+1 T K · June 10, 2015
Hey guys,

I have just downloaded the Android Studio and followed everything Bucky did (except that I had already set up the Android SDK). I started a new project with a blank activity and when it finally loaded the project screen, I got this:

https://snapr.pw/i/3078e02ebe.png

The details:

org.jetbrains.android.uipreview.RenderingException: This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of Android Studio. Please update Android Studio
at org.jetbrains.android.uipreview.LayoutLibraryLoader.load(LayoutLibraryLoader.java:90)
at org.jetbrains.android.sdk.AndroidTargetData.getLayoutLibrary(AndroidTargetData.java:159)
at com.android.tools.idea.rendering.RenderService.createTask(RenderService.java:164)
at com.intellij.android.designer.designSurface.AndroidDesignerEditorPanel$6.run(AndroidDesignerEditorPanel.java:475)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.execute(MergingUpdateQueue.java:320)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.execute(MergingUpdateQueue.java:310)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue$2.run(MergingUpdateQueue.java:254)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.flush(MergingUpdateQueue.java:269)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.flush(MergingUpdateQueue.java:227)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.run(MergingUpdateQueue.java:217)
at com.intellij.util.concurrency.QueueProcessor.runSafely(QueueProcessor.java:238)
at com.intellij.util.Alarm$Request$1.run(Alarm.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you!

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Brian Mader · June 10, 2015
I had the same problem . You need to change the API to 5.0.1 . I had to go into the SDK and install the files for Android 5.0.1 ( API 21 ) and then change the MNC in Android Studio to 5.0.1 . After you go into the SDK and install the files for API 5.0.1 go back into Android Studio and click on the little Android guy where it says MNC and you will see a drop down menu. There you will see the different API versions you can select . Select 5.0.1 in the drop down menu. This should bring up the phone emulator image in your project. Give it a few seconds and it will come up . It seems a lot of us who have watched the YouTube tutorials are having these issues because Android Studio has been updated since the making of the videos. Hope this helps, 
0 Brian Mader · June 10, 2015
I had the same problem . You need to change the API to 5.0.1 . I had to go into the SDK and install the files for Android 5.0.1 ( API 21 ) and then change the MNC in Android Studio to 5.0.1 . After you go into the SDK and install the files for API 5.0.1 go back into Android Studio and click on the little Android guy where it says MNC and you will see a drop down menu. There you will see the different API versions you can select . Select 5.0.1 in the drop down menu. This should bring up the phone emulator image in your project. Give it a few seconds and it will come up . It seems a lot of us who have watched the YouTube tutorials are having these issues because Android Studio has been updated since the making of the videos. Hope this helps, 
+1 Mohammad Emranul Hoq · June 10, 2015
/images/forum/upload/2015-06-10/9ae017ec3d9ed7f381481475ec51127b.jpg
+1 Mohammad Emranul Hoq · June 10, 2015
Just make the changes like me:

/images/forum/upload/2015-06-10/75d8ef5a5431e9e2fc5a72eed2918073.jpg
0 T K · June 11, 2015

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarOverlayLayout
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:408)
at org.jetbrains.android.uipreview.ViewLoader.createNewInstance(ViewLoader.java:413)
at org.jetbrains.android.uipreview.ViewLoader.loadView(ViewLoader.java:105)
at com.android.tools.idea.rendering.LayoutlibCallback.loadView(LayoutlibCallback.java:177)
at android.view.BridgeInflater.loadCustomView(BridgeInflater.java:214)
at android.view.BridgeInflater.createViewFromTag(BridgeInflater.java:142)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:482)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:414)
at com.android.layoutlib.bridge.bars.BridgeActionBar.(BridgeActionBar.java:84)
at com.android.layoutlib.bridge.bars.AppCompatActionBar.(AppCompatActionBar.java:56)
at com.android.layoutlib.bridge.impl.RenderSessionImpl.createActionBar(RenderSessionImpl.java:1691)
at com.android.layoutlib.bridge.impl.RenderSessionImpl.inflate(RenderSessionImpl.java:362)
at com.android.layoutlib.bridge.Bridge.createSession(Bridge.java:321)
at com.android.ide.common.rendering.LayoutLibrary.createSession(LayoutLibrary.java:350)
at com.android.tools.idea.rendering.RenderTask$2.compute(RenderTask.java:497)
at com.android.tools.idea.rendering.RenderTask$2.compute(RenderTask.java:485)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.runReadAction(ApplicationImpl.java:894)
at com.android.tools.idea.rendering.RenderTask.createRenderSession(RenderTask.java:485)
at com.android.tools.idea.rendering.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:590)
at com.intellij.android.designer.designSurface.AndroidDesignerEditorPanel$6.run(AndroidDesignerEditorPanel.java:480)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.execute(MergingUpdateQueue.java:320)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.execute(MergingUpdateQueue.java:310)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue$2.run(MergingUpdateQueue.java:254)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.flush(MergingUpdateQueue.java:269)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.flush(MergingUpdateQueue.java:227)
at com.intellij.util.ui.update.MergingUpdateQueue.run(MergingUpdateQueue.java:217)
at com.intellij.util.concurrency.QueueProcessor.runSafely(QueueProcessor.java:238)
at com.intellij.util.Alarm$Request$1.run(Alarm.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

https://snapr.pw/i/4201d022ea.png
0 Bob Roberts · June 11, 2015
Try going to app>res>values>styles.xml and make the following changes:

Add "Base" to the following line:

<style name="AppTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar">

Final result:

<style name="AppTheme" parent="Base.Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar">

0 T K · June 13, 2015
Got it fixed by installing an update. Weird it didn't install the newest version at first.

New thing:
https://snapr.pw/i/3673c7665a.png
This is what Bucky gets in his tutorial.

https://snapr.pw/i/2cb542d07c.png
This is what I get. Notice the different colors and the missing menu button on the top right corner.

Anyone?
0 KHKR . · June 13, 2015
Hi I just created a new project as Bucky instructed in tutorial 12 and after creating the new activity I get the following warning
/images/forum/upload/2015-06-13/d3ddb40cdf2362373f9ce32d63c671f4.png
0 Brian Mader · June 13, 2015
@TK , The only difference is that Bucky has the device frame around the phone  . Directly under the options to change the API are the settings for the view of the phone . Just click to show device frame and it will look the same . I will try to post a screen shot in a few minutes . @KHKR , You will need to start a new thread for your question. As you can see this thread is about setting up Android Studio.  
0 Brian Mader · June 13, 2015
Where it says NEXUS4 you can change to another device and it will look different . I believe Bucky said he used a custom device he created called Buckys phone ( which he explains how to do in a later tutorial ) . To toggle the device frame on and off click this option I have circled in the screen capture . /images/forum/upload/2015-06-13/54a8551f2ebd859c4ba787da09499c80.PNG/images/forum/upload/2015-06-13/b2e0eedbeab680c6577ef90d8b37f0dc.PNG

Java / Android Development

107,102 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator