Cannot Launch AVD in Emulator

0 Joyita das · June 3, 2015

I am getting the following error when i try to launch my Emulator-

Cannot launch AVD in emulator.
emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

Please let me know what can i do, I have installed Intel x86 Emulator accelerator. 

Also did go to my SDK directory -> extras > intel > Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager and run the file named "intelhaxm-android.exe". Restarted Android studio, restarted the system and run the AVD but it still throws the same error.

Also tried creating Genreic AVD with something like QVGA  but that too is throwing the same error.

My system is Windows 7 with 4 GB RAM.

Please help!

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Brian Mader · June 13, 2015
When you ran the HAXM.exe did it say it was successfully installed ? I had the same trouble and when I ran the exe a window from Intel popped up saying that my device did not support it . I am still trying to figure this out though because my computer does support Virtualiztion and I went into my Bios to make sure it was enabled and it was . I think that it may require Virtualization and Hyperthreading support but I am not 100% sure about this yet . I'm not sure what rules on the form are about posting links but there are some free programs you can run to see if your computer supports virtualization . If you look up and install a program called Speccy it will let you know if your computer supports Virtualization and Hyperthreading and if they are enabled or not . It also gives you a lot of other information on your computer which is why I kept even after I ran the program to check for virtualization support .    
0 Tim Hann · June 13, 2015">

I just had the same problem, and found this previous solution which worked for me. Hope it helps.

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator