Some project ideas

+1 Parag Ahivale · July 3, 2014
Hi everyone..i would like some sugguestions  on what topic i should be choosing for my computer engg. mini project..something related to big data,database,android,or an application wud b grt..i have two months to get it done..!

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Haris Rizwan Ghauri · July 22, 2014
It really depends on the amount of experience you have with Programming. You mentioned database and android Application. I am assuming you are a 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate Computer/Software Engineering or a Computer Science student. 

Databases:

Address Book/ Contact Information:
Make an application that allows you to put a contact number, email address, home address under a specific contact name. For more complexity, you could add the notes section for that contact.

Student Record:
Make an application in which you can put the student name, his student number, the grades, scholarship information, etc.

Android:

Similarly you can make a store inventory application for Android. 
You can make a calculator or a calender application. There are many ideas. Personally, It does not matter if the application you are going to work on is already in the market. Just rebuild the application with your design features and some additional qualities. You will learn a lot in the process.
0 Eugene Botma · July 22, 2014
Personally i would take a look at big data. If you do choose big data, just keep in mind that your normal (or gaming) pc probably won't be able to handle the IO. 

How about doing feed analysis on buckysroom? Determine whether the average post is positive or negative, find out what is trending on buckysroom and in the forum etc. Buckysroom is probably a bit small (and slow) for big data though. You can do the same thing for twitter or facebook or something.

General Chat

107,113 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator