ISP. Where to start?

+2 Sampan Verma · May 24, 2015
I want to create my own ISP. Where do I start. I want a good search tag from where i should start searching.
I have 2 modems and 2 dongles. I want to connect to the internet on my own. What I want is to connect to the internet with unlimited speed and data. This seems crazy but I want to do something.

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Cardinal Coog · June 2, 2015
Basically, you would need to lease lines through your local Telco. At very minimum, you could start with a few T-1s or a T-3 (lines/switches). Maybe upgrade to an OC-48 or higher. You'll never get "unlimited" speed. That's a question of relevancy though.

You could look online, maybe ebay, for a Livingston PortMaster-3 or 4. Pick up a few Linux boxes. 

But, from a business standpoint, starting an ISP is cost prohibitive. In the U.S. we have oligopolies which means there are a handful of large enterprises (corporations) with more money than common sense that you would need to compete against (ie. Time Warner, AT&T, etc.)

Those two modems in your mom's basement ain't gonna work 
0 Cardinal Coog · June 2, 2015
Nevermind... I remember you now... You're the one that can't open a cracked video game. Now, you want to start your own ISP. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Sampan Verma · June 3, 2015
starting an ISP and cracking a game are two different things. Moreover it is really a pain in *** to download GTA5 and Far Cry4. GTA 5 has been fixed as I had to change my date to 15-April-2015 and for Far Cry 4, I need DirectX 11 compatible GPU which I dont. I bought a new PC for Far Cry 4. 
0 Cardinal Coog · June 3, 2015
Wow, I learn something new everyday. I never knew the difference.... I hear NASA is hiring.....
Have ever been connected to the internet when you not paid for it and just cracked into some internet tower or sth?  for {Cardinal Coog}
I just want to make sth that  will just help me connect to the internet with appropriate download speed (100kbps-1mbps) at really low price that can be 50 Rs(~1$). Download data should be unlimited with that speed {most important}.

Intenet is not just a need. It is our Right.
And NASA is hiring... who? why? how? where?
I kinda like you. 

You're like a midget, a clown, and a donkey all wrapped into one.
Whoa, back the truck up..../

When did having Internet access become a "Right"?

Have you even bothered to read the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights?
0 Sampan Verma · June 4, 2015
Its not a Right, but it should be....
Nothing can be done without it

General Chat

106,954 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator