Web Development Project

+6 Stuart Abbott · July 2, 2014
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

I am looking at improving my web development and thought that a good way to do this would be to do the following:

• Use HTML and CSS to create a basic web site. No other languages at the moment

• Get people to suggest new features or things to add to the website in a new language, such as JavaScript

• Gradually add more features to the site to encourage learning and improvement

Once the basic site has been created and people here have given tasks to complete, such as 'add a form to collect X amount of data', people could suggest extra bits to add to the site.

Not sure if this would work but I'd love to give it a go.

For example, I need somebody to first suggest a colour scheme for the site. I will then make the basic layout using ONLY html and css for now and will upload using a free host. Seeing as I don't intent for the final site to be a commercial site or one for major use. Just a project to learn new aspects of web development.

Many thanks people (and keep up the fantastic work Bucky and team!!!)

EDIT: The site can be seen here

Post a Reply

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 DesgarrĂ³n Pantera · July 4, 2014
header try to use grey
body try to use white
footer try to use grey
the text for the body black

and looking forward for your website...
+1 Stuart Abbott · July 3, 2014
Ideal. I'll implement that now. Cheers
+3 James Grimshaw · July 3, 2014
If you are going to use black for the text, I recommend using something slightly lighter than black, such as #333333. It improves readability on a white background, as it reduces the contrast.
0 Stuart Abbott · July 3, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. I am currently making the initial site now and will use the colours that you have suggested. Do you have a specific text colour in mind, or should I just use black for the moment?

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.