Can't Install Intel HAXM

0 Ronald Sahagun · May 19, 2015
I was following Bucky's 4th video on the Android App Development for Beginners, and I was trying to install Intel HAXM. I did as he said, installing it from the SDK Manager. It didn't work when I tried running AVD Manager, so I looked at the comments and saw that I had to go to the SDK folder and install an .exe file, intelhaxm-android. But when I opened it, I got this:

/images/forum/upload/2015-05-19/aaeb6d3532ecf1e9728cdda29712f9c1.png

What should I do now?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Ramon Gimenez · May 19, 2015
I had the same problem. In my case it was an option in Avast AV (Options/Troubleshooting/Enable hardware-assisted virtualization) that didn't let me install HAXM. So I unchecked it and I could finally install it. Then I enabled the option in Avast again.
0 erik blue · May 24, 2015
im running hp pavilion 23 and running into the same problem. i enabled vt in bios already but still getting the error.
is it at all possible to continue the android app development without this feature?
0 Mark Tan · May 25, 2015
@Steve Clauter, i guess that is possible your pc doesn't support the VT-x ?

@erik blue, I don't think android app development need that to start the emulator. For me native development is doesn't need to turn on the VT-x, i only get error when i develop the hybrid mobile app and debug with emulator. 
0 Mark Tan · May 19, 2015
Boot into bios and enable the VT-x or your pc is not support. 
0 Ronald Sahagun · May 19, 2015
God... See, this is the thing with forums. It's like people aren't allowed to ask questions on forums. Actually, I already saw Mark's answer somewhere, but decided to ask anyway to see if there's a solution that doesn't require tinkering in the BIOS. I apologize, Raahim. From now on, I'll just Google everything and not go to forums. Forgive my insolence.
0 David Steiber · May 26, 2015
Hey all.   I am not sure my computer can run this hardware virtualization.  I built this computer about 5 years ago.  Does this mean I need a new motherboard?  What hardware must I buy (if i even need to buy).. or software must I download in order to be able to use this Intel HAXM?/images/forum/upload/2015-05-25/242d89b1d6b6a1674fe251ff9c0f3dbc.PNG
0 Silard Kovac · June 21, 2015
@Ronald Sahagun I tried that with my old prestigio phone, but as i read on the internet you just enable developer mode and connect it with usb, and it will recognize it as a "device" and you just basiclly select it
0 Mark Tan · May 26, 2015
Please make sure you installed the Intel x86  ......

Refer the link for more details.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26355645/error-in-launching-avd
0 erik blue · May 26, 2015
@mark tan not sure if i understand your answer. im pretty new to all this. Can i use my phone as a emulator, or do i need this virtual emulator to build a app for play store?
0 Mark Tan · May 27, 2015
if u used ur phone as an emulator ... i don't think need HAXM ... that is for the virtual emulator.

You definitely don't need the virtual emulator to build the app and deploy at play store. 

Virtual emulator is easier for us to constantly test the app in the computer, but when come to some function like GPS or camera ... we also need to use the real devices to do testing ... so ... if you use ur phone to test, just go ahead. :)

Java / Android Development

107,020 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator