Basic features

+6 Nahiyan Alamgir · July 2, 2014
I personally think we should be able to like comments. We won't have to say "I agree", "I appreciate your concern", etc and instead just click the like button.

If we can type the new comment in a text area rather than a text field, it'd be better as we often need multiple lines to improve readability. A WYSIWYG editor would be just perfect!

Hyperlinks should be automatically generated in comments just like posts.

We should be able to attach images to our comments. Sometimes an image speaks a thousand words or is more appropriate than text.

Finally the look and feel of the site may be improved. The current design is cool but it'd be better if the site is made responsive so it will work just fine in all screen sizes. The design can be made simpler, use of borders can be reduced (instead background fills can be used to distinguish sections of the page), the main menu can be changed, its dark background could be replaced by something better.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Nahiyan Alamgir · August 15, 2014
I don't think these ideas are patented by Facebook. Look at twitter, they have similar features as facebook but it's still legal. If your ideology is accepted, we can't have profile pictures, comments, posts, newsfeed, chat, profile information, etc just because these things are found in Facebook. These features don't exist only on facebook but in countless sites. We aren't here because it's an alternative site to facebook, we're here for Bucky and 'thenewboston' community. The features I mentioned are necessary for making it a better social networking site.

I agree with you about innovative ideas but we need improved basic features before that.
+1 Pere Garau Burguera · August 14, 2014
I agree. *Clicking the like button*
+1 Buddy Blackford · August 15, 2014
yea after i posted that and went to bed and thought about it i was like ... damn that was a dumb comment and proceeded to pass out
+1 travis smith · July 6, 2014
I agree
0 Nahiyan Alamgir · August 14, 2014
Thanks guys but I want to know what Bucky has to say about it.
-1 Buddy Blackford · August 15, 2014
Honestly, i dont really agree with everything. If you want facebook features then i would suggest heading to facebook.  If too many features are copied from facebook I am willing to bet there could be a potential lawsuit. Maybe we can think of more innovative ideas instead of copying facebook's ideas. 

Suggestions

107,340 followers
About

Tell me what you like about the forum and what sucks about it here.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator