- 4 years ago I went to college and studied information technology for 1 and a half year and there I learned c++ and java. (And I kind of excelled in my programming class but I dropped off college since I barely go to my minor classes so I figured I'm wasting money.)
- I took a java course that includes database(mysql, oracle, excel). (I barely learned database)
- These past few years I haven't been studying programming and now I'm rusty. Also I currently have no plan to pursue college.
- I live in Roanoke, VA.
What I want to do now is to get me back from that path again and get an IT career.
So my questions are:
- What programs do you recommend I use? And what are must haves? (I've used notepad++, eclipse and netbeans)
- Which certificates to get for entry level? (If you could include the difficulty and the impact on resume that would be great)
- What are the entry level jobs and what knowledge do I need for them? (troubleshooting?, programming?, etc.)
- What are the must learn stuff now? (what language, networking stuff, OS, etc.)
I'm really lost right now so anything you could tell me or help me with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.