HTML5 and CSS with JavaScript or HTML5 and CSS with PHP

+3 Kyle Brooks · May 12, 2015
Hey guys, I am a beginner web designer, I just need to know what to learn first, HTML5 and CSS with JavaScript or HTML5 and CSS with PHP, also what is the difference between HTML, PHP and JavaScript

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Ryan Rogan · August 17, 2015
You should learn HTML & CSS first and then learn PHP and JavaScript. It doesn't matter if you learn JS before learning php or if you learn php before JS. The basic syntax is very similar. PHP is used for server-side programming. It handles the database stuff, etc. Javascript is used for the client side stuff. So it could be used to add effects to a web page or form validation, etc.
0 julie harrison · August 17, 2015
According to me both are the best  option in programming language. There is one more language becoming famous these days and that is ruby on rails.
0 Kyle Brooks · May 13, 2015
Thank you! 
+1 Mohamad Mirohamadi · May 13, 2015
Learn PHP , its not dying
PHP is a great language that I use daily. It’s powerful, widely supported, popular, and pretty darn stable.
PHP is still going strong for the next decade, and growing even stronger.
To me, it doesn’t matter what new languages pop up in the next few days, they’re simply *just* another language that uses a bit different syntax and slightly different approach to variables and functions, but they all accomplish the same thing. Now if a new language comes up with a unique cool function that no other languages offer, I bet PHP will quickly catch up and come up with their own version of that function, maybe even better. Ruby came out with Rails, the MVC framework, and then PHP suddenly came with two similar versions of their own MVC frameworks out of nowhere (Laravel and Yii, CodeIgniter, CakePHP , and I heard there are more now).

if you argues that I'm just a PHP developer...
I've built applications in Ruby (1.8.6 - 1.9.3), maintain an old site running Rails 2.3, and play with Node.js at home. And I still come back to PHP and wonder how it can be surpassed for stability and adoption (which is the real killer feature: EVERYONE runs PHP on their server, or can in less than 10 minutes). Professionally I work with PHP because it's the biggest market there is.

PHP isn't dead. It's not dying. It has 80% of the web servers and is growing. Innovations are happening:

HVVM for Just-In-Time compilation and performance boost,
    Hack, an interoperable, type-supporting coding language with PHP that works on HVVM](http://hacklang.org/)
    Growing adoption of PHP 5.5 and PHP 5.6
    Increasing standards in PSR-0, PSR-1, PSR-2, PSR-3, and PSR-4
0 Kyle Brooks · May 13, 2015
Ok thanks
+1 Colonel Panic · May 13, 2015
Learn HTML5 and CSS first
Learn JavaScript second
Learn PHP Never (Language is dying, there are better options like Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, or Node.js)

PHP

107,039 followers
About

Server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.

Links
Moderators