Twitter App using Twitter API

+1 Upland Cypress · April 26, 2015
Hello Bucky,

How are you? Hope all is well. I am currently trying to create a Twitter App which i have been given lately by a company as a hiring process. They have asked me to create a Twitter Application where we can Sign In to Twitter and Display the Feeds. However, I did check online for a few resources. I couldn't find any which suited my need. Some or the other use a readymade template. Copy the code from Github. I am not pointing out. I am just letting you know. NOBODY EXPLAINS THINGS BETTER THAN YOU. I really need some start to this project. I have less than a week to show them i can do it. Please help or guide me on this. 

P.S. I am writing this because the way you teach and explain everything makes us understand what we do! The others just make us do. There is no explanation. 
Thanks in advance. 
UplandCypress

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Ian Arbuckle · April 26, 2015
I assume you've done a bit of researching and heard of REST API? https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public

What you need is OAUTH identification to get started.
0 Upland Cypress · April 27, 2015
Hello Ian Arbuckle. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did read that we need OAUTH to get started. I have also generated the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. However, I did read many tuts. All of them just do it. Nobody explains it. I am not aware of what the workflow is. If you are aware of the workflow, please guide me. If you want me to read anything before i start, I would surely do..

Thanks in advance,
UplandCypress
0 Ian Arbuckle · April 27, 2015
I've never worked with Twitter APIs, just Google+. It's very difficult to find a tutorial explaining how it works as I literally had to work out how the Google+ API worked all by myself. It takes a long time to fully understand the code and concept behind it.

What I would suggest from my experience would be to have a go at understanding the tuts you've done and try implement it your way.
0 Donald Genes · April 27, 2015
Check quora and search in the bar

Java / Android Development

107,254 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator