what computer to buy?

0 ariel bitan · April 23, 2015
I need to buy a computer, but I only 
got $800 and I need the system to be windows.
anyone has suggestions?
thank you!:-)

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Seems Legit · April 23, 2015
What are you looking for in a computer? Gaming? Programming? Professional or casual?
Programming
0 Seems Legit · April 23, 2015
Laptop? Desktop? Is coding your job? Your Hobby? It's necessary to know what power is needed
0 Branislav Lazic · April 23, 2015
New.
Laptop and it's a hobby
0 Branislav Lazic · April 23, 2015
I bought laptop recently. Doing all programming on PC. I feel like retarded when trying to code on laptop.
0 Christopher Howard · April 24, 2015
Really as you are just beginning basically any computer will work fine. Programming at the beginner level really doesn't exhaust a lot of resources. I have the bad habit of thinking to much about hardware when what is really needed is seat time. I got a Macbook Pro basically just because I like the Unix Kernel and the PCI Express SSD. The major bottleneck on most modern computers by far is the hard drive. I can run an entire virtual lab with several different virtual servers and a couple hosts without any problems. That kind of gets away from programming and into the IT side of things. I would recommend just getting something with at least 4GB of RAM and a decent HDD or preferably a SSD. All of which you can get for around $700 or less. 
0 ariel bitan · April 24, 2015
thanks
0 Dol Lod · April 24, 2015
Don't get Sony. 

That being said, I would recommend Lenovo if your focus is more on performance than battery life. If you insist on not using a MAC, at least Lenovo actually works. 

For programming, try for at least 4GB RAM and I3 processor with at least Intel3000 Graphics. I would also recommend having at least 256 GB to keep local applications and projects. 
0 Sampan Verma · April 24, 2015
Rather tha  buuing a pc I will suggest upgrading an older one if any. It will be more cheaper and effiecient.

Other Computer Related

107,176 followers
About

Anything else technology related including search engines, social networking, marketing, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator