Html5 and Css3 when am I done?

+3 Erlend Haaland · June 28, 2014
Hello everyone!

I have been learning Html5 and Css3 for a few days now, and I really feel I'm getting the hang of it. After this time I've started to doubt how much I need to learn. Am I suppossed to learn every tag there is and how to use them, or should I start moving on to a new language like javascript or php? Taking the html and css I don't know as it comes?

Thank you all.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Colin James · August 8, 2014
Learning HTML and CSS is NOTHING todo with solely remembering stuff. It's about remembering stuff, standards and knowing how to implement them. Carry on with HTML and CSS. 

Move on when you can look at a site and be able to create the exact same without looking at the source. Every time I see a site, I see blocks and I know I can re-create it. It's a great mindset.
+1 Kaveh Greenwood · August 7, 2014
Keep on keeping on. Move on to new languages such as JavaScript (jQuery) & PHP, but there's always something new to learn. The combination of all 3, 4 languages and utilizing them is what will help in web design as well.
+1 William Frost · July 19, 2014
@cave Well that's new :) Thank you
0 Joseph Mancuso · July 19, 2014
try to learn more on CSS3. look into things like box shadows and gradients. 

These 2 simple combinations can turn

into this:

this was my transition in less than 48 hours
0 Erlend Haaland · July 6, 2014
Thanks everyone for the advices. Just to let you know, I have chosen to go a bit more indebt in the new features of HTML5 and start on Javascript.
+2 James Grimshaw · July 3, 2014
Once you've got the hang of HTML and CSS, and you can write basic code, it's probably time to move on. Like you said, you can move on to a scripting language such as PHP or Javascript, and take it from there. As you write HTML and CSS in the future to go with your scripts, you can look things up, and then eventually you will remember pretty much everything, apart from a few small things.

Good luck :)

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.