Emulator Window Size

+1 Marat Tursynbek · April 21, 2015
Hi everybody!

I'm new to the Android Studio and I have this problem:

When I started the virutal device, opened window was to big for my laptop screen. However, I have 17.3' display with Full HD resolution. In the settings of the emulator the scale was set to Auto. In my previous laptop Android Studio was chosing the window size for emulator properly. Why it is not working now? Is it a problem of Android Studio or of my laptop?

This is the text that I'm getting when running virtual device:

C:\Users\www\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -scale 3 -netdelay none -netspeed full -avd Nexus_5_API_21_x86
emulator: device fd:772
HAX is working and emulator runs in fast virt mode
creating window 63 86 481 853
emulator: emulator window was out of view and was recentered

Thanks in advance!

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Priyam vaidya · June 11, 2015
i am havving the same problem..please inform if you have found any solution..
0 Marat Tursynbek · July 6, 2015
Unfortunately I haven't found any solution. But it seems that it is not possible to resize emulator window. You just need to choose proper diagonal for your emulator.  I have 4,95" 1080X1920 xxhdpi and 2dp on device. If you want to move it around just press ALT+SPACE then place it as you want.
0 John Snow · July 6, 2015
I recommend to not use any Emulator if you want to learn Android fast. If you are young then you don't have time to fix problems, instead run you apps on your phone.
0 Zahid Hossain · August 16, 2015
You have to lower your avd (android virtual device) ram size and keep it at least equal to the HAXM size.

HAXM is something intel integration which has specific size on every installation.check yours,and choose the avd ram size according to this.
0 Valdimar Melrakki · August 18, 2015
first ..Englise is not my first language so I may wright stuff wrong way.
this is known problem with Android studio what I did set simulater to 1/10, even though you do this it is posseble the simulater deside to mess with you anyway and you may have to shut the emulater down and start again..pations is the key ( have I heard )

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator