java development

0 Arira joseph · April 17, 2015
Am ving problem with eclipse running my program. On running, it tell me build path error. Need some help thanks

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · April 18, 2015
Rule 1: Use Intellij instead of Eclipse. 

Rule 2: If on Windows, set up the JAVA_HOME variable to point it towards your jdk. 
0 Branislav Lazic · April 18, 2015

Rule 1: Use Intellij instead of Eclipse.

You know what? He should also change his operating system. And if that doesn't work, we should give him advice to throw his computer to a trash can and buy a new one.

Set PATH variable if not set. JAVA_HOME variable is irrelevant for Eclipse. It's relevant for tools like Maven. 
However, I doubt it's because of Java itself. I think that you are missing some dependencies.
Therefore, upload a screenshot or describe your error in better way.
0 Nicholas Eason · April 20, 2015

He should also change his operating system.

I also heard that if you change your OS to Linux that Eclipse works 100% of the time. This may be the solution to end all problems.
0 Branislav Lazic · April 20, 2015
I was sarcastic...
0 Dol Lod · April 20, 2015
@ Branislave,

Have you even used Intellij?  It is like Eclipse, but ten times better. It is also supported across all platforms.

When using Intellij, all errors are usually simple to solve. It also gives you a lot more flexibility in supporting specific versions of Java. God forbid he develop C or C++ code on Eclipse and get unreachable code without any detectable errors.

Additionally, I did suggest a real suggestion for fixing the build path. Usually that is a problem on Windows. 
Teach me master! Except! You have to pay for Intellij in order to use it for Java web application development. Plus, his question is related to Eclipse.

Additionally, I did suggest a real suggestion for fixing the build path. Usually that is a problem on Windows.

He's probably missing dependencies.
0 Dol Lod · April 20, 2015
For common use with regular Java, you can use Intellij community which is FREE. 

What exactly he is using Eclipse for is unspecified. That being said, I do keep a copy of Eclipse on my computers in case I do want it. 

That building path issue is not necessarily related to Eclipse alone. It could be more general with all Windows comptuers. 

That building path issue is not necessarily related to Eclipse alone. It could be more general with all Windows comptuers.

Trust me, it has nothing to do with system.

Java / Android Development

107,255 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator