OOP PHP Directly

+4 Pere Garau Burguera · June 26, 2014
Hey guys, I wanna start learning some php now. Should i go direclty with oop php or learn first 'classical' php? Thanks guys in advance!

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Shamal Sandeep · August 8, 2014
Getting started with classical of procedural is the best approach because You must first learn the basic functions and standards to get started with OOP 
+1 Jonah Morrison · July 23, 2014
Do the basic PHP. Learn what PHP is all about, what it is capable of. Learn the syntax different functions etc. Then when you have a good grasp on it move to Object Oriented :P
+1 Ashish Ahuja · July 19, 2014
That depends on a lot factors; Whether you are just testing the waters, you want to be an efficient web developer, or you're just doing it for fun. How much time are you willing to invest and what is your prior experience with web languages like javascript.

OOP is now a part of PHP and is no different so whether classic or OOP its php. There are certain things OOP handles and simplifies better and certain things fall into classic php's zone. If you want a quick start I would recommend going for OOP as the syntax will look very familiar to you. On the other hand if you want an indepth learning experience you should go for incremental learning like designing something in classic php and then improving and upgrading it to OOP. I hope that will clear your concepts really well. :)
+2 William Frost · July 19, 2014
Start from classic PHP :) 
0 Nikola Novakovic · July 19, 2014
Defiently agreed to go with classic php first. I could not imagine myself learning the oop php without knowing how the actual php works. :)
+1 Mathias Frits Rørvik · July 13, 2014
You should just go through the PHP course on Codecademy, here.

Since you have prior programming experience, I'm sure you'll blast right through it.
+1 Pere Garau Burguera · July 13, 2014
I have experience in OOP (Java). 
+1 Mathias Frits Rørvik · July 12, 2014
Don't look at php as two seperate languages. Object orientation is now a part of PHP. Do you have any prior experience with OOP?
0 Alan Johnson · July 12, 2014
If you have experience with OOP already then yes, if not then you should start with some procedural PHP.
+1 Sheldon Juncker · July 3, 2014
I think that Steven is right. If you're not already familiar with object-oriented programming, you'll want to start with regular old PHP.

PHP

106,983 followers
About

Server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.

Links
Moderators