help with tutorial 45, 46, 47

+1 Lachlan S · April 10, 2015
Can anyone help me with these? does anyone know cans and can'ts of classes and stuff. i have been getting nothing but errors, undefined references, all sorts. I can be more specific but does anyone know general rules.

Some Questions:

people::people ( can the latter be different to the first?)

Pretty much, how can I properly write tutorial 45,46,47 with objects that were named differently to their classes? 

Post a Reply

- page 3
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Brian Reed · April 15, 2015
Ok, I've solved the issue:D

#include "People.h" is missing from Birthday.cpp

I believe this is required because the Birthday object within "People.h" must be readily identifiable to the Birthday class.

0 Brian Reed · April 22, 2015

I reloaded Code Blocks again and run everything new again, but I'm now stuck like you are with:

People.cpp||error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token 

I don't know exactly what is causing this issues, but I have exhausted all possible things I can think of to get it to work. I had it working once after playing around with it the first time, but since can't figure out what I did to make it work. Others have run the code without this issue or have used other platforms (because of Code Block issues).

So, at this point I would suggest that you try and another compiler to run this lesson or the rest of the tutorials. However, I think you can finish the remaining tutorials without issue ( suggest reading on C++ compositions if you skip).

Anyone else have something to add?

0 Rami Abdelbaki · April 28, 2015
Hi everybody;

The solution is here:
you don't need to include the header file of birthday class in people.h
What you need to do is just removing that header file ( #include "Birthday.h" ) from the header file (People.h) and everything will go fine.

best wishes;
0 Lachlan S · April 23, 2015
Thanks for the heads up and material, I was just worried that I would never be able to do classes as it happened on tutorial 45 as well. i'll give the others a shot soon and try out ms visual studio (you can get it for free) (i need to learn it though)

Used in many types of software including music players, video games, and many large scale applications.

Bucky Roberts Administrator