What was your first C++ toy/project?

+1 Nikolai Illyich · April 7, 2015
Hey I just wanted to ask you what you were able to create the first time you learned C++.. Because currently I'm just printing text out on the screen depending on what the user inputs.  

I'm asking so that I might have an idea of what I can be able to do next. Or maybe I just can't grasp the full extent of cpp yet.

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Mukul Chauhan · April 27, 2015
2+2=5  first toy... haha   // was tricky that time

students were entering 202+52 and answer was like 255 (( 2+2=5 )) lol
0 Christopher Howard · April 24, 2015
I bought an Arduino which uses C++. Since I only knew Java I had to learn C++ to use the Arduino. I plan on using it to create an electronic boost controller for my turbocharged car. Kind of cool. Then i'm going to create a an Android App that can take a bunch of inputs from the sensors on my car that then get sent to the Arduino Microcontroller then to the Android App to output a bezel for my car. 
0 madimetja maredi · April 16, 2015
The hello world program.(u14004667)
0 madimetja maredi · April 16, 2015
ghnjhk
0 Kuroodo Ditory · April 13, 2015
Though I have made others, my first and most proudest project with C++ was my first Tic Tac Toe game (text-based via console)!

It had 2 players, human vs computer, and a leaderboard.

I later reviewed my old C++ code and compared it to the Java version I made some months after. My coding improved alot!
0 Clark Alaan · April 13, 2015
Hmmm.. Personally I made a program that's very similar to a recipe book only I made it to store my passwords, then used simple cryptography to kinda make it secure. Of course, in reality it really wasn't and I didn't really put my passwords into it. O_O
0 Christian Russell · April 12, 2015
@Nikolai
One thing you can do (which was my first real program and only one at the moment) is a fruit stand program. It should contain the following:

• Track total revenue

• The ability to sell fruit (quantity should be reduced, total cash should increase by the price amount).

• The ability to sell fruit (quantity should be increased, total cash should decrease by the cost amount).

• Bonus points: The ability to define fruit that aren't in there by default.

• Extra Bonus points: Use a class object to handle each fruit.

Happy Coding!
0 c student · April 12, 2015
@Nikolai Illyich
Cryptography is a nice one to begin with since it's pretty simple and straight-forward in terms of forming the corresponding algorithm provided it's pretty basic.  Here's a neat little reference you might enjoy reading: http://www.simonsingh.net/The_Black_Chamber/
0 Nikolai Illyich · April 12, 2015
Well, creating a program that solves quadratic equations... that seems a little too advanced for me at the moment hahaha

And @Aaron, you're right... I think creating programs that apply to aread that I am currently learning might be a little more helpful. I am currently learning cryptography (or at least some of the ciphers, and how they work) so I was thinking of creating a program that would let the user input a phrase or text message then the program would scramble the letters based on a programmed pattern. But I have no idea where to start; almost like a writer's-block for authors.

@Krutushas thanks for that, it really lightens the load off my head. Now I can focus more on cpp.
0 Yazer Cha · April 12, 2015
@Aaron what have you been using to do gui's?  I am just starting and am not sure which one would be the best for me.

C++

107,178 followers
About

Used in many types of software including music players, video games, and many large scale applications.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator