What was your first C++ toy/project?

+1 Nikolai Illyich · April 7, 2015
Hey I just wanted to ask you what you were able to create the first time you learned C++.. Because currently I'm just printing text out on the screen depending on what the user inputs.  

I'm asking so that I might have an idea of what I can be able to do next. Or maybe I just can't grasp the full extent of cpp yet.

Post a Reply

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Mukul Chauhan · April 27, 2015
2+2=5  first toy... haha   // was tricky that time

students were entering 202+52 and answer was like 255 (( 2+2=5 )) lol
0 Nikolai Illyich · April 10, 2015
Well, that is indeed interesting.
I was up to like, tutorial number 30, last I remember.

Looks like there is more I have to learn.

It's just that I have a classmate who's really good at PHP and HTML and CSS and all that, and he says that I should study those first before cpp... that's why I stopped, and now I am confused.
0 Yazer Cha · April 10, 2015
I made my first project on lesson 40ish.  It was just a simple program that calculated the solutions to a given Quadratic Equation and Systems of Equations.
0 Yazer Cha · April 10, 2015
I was able to create a simple program that solved quadratic equations.  It sure made my homework a lot easier.  Languages like PHP, HTML, and CSS do not need to be even thought of in c++.
0 Aaron Whitt · April 11, 2015
First, @Yazer - get out of my head! Haha. I made the same type of program; A Quadratic Equation Solver. It was not the prettiest but it does solve the problems, and this is all that matters.

Next, @Nikolai Illyich - The most difficult part of C++ for myself is coming up with ideas that I like to program. At the time of making the Quadratic Solver, I was taking precalc Algebra and found this useful, so that is what I would recommend writing; a program that can help you in the now, that is touching on areas that you are already learning. The other thing that I have been working on is GUI. This way I can make my ugly Quadratic Solver a Pretty Quadratic Solver. :D

Used in many types of software including music players, video games, and many large scale applications.

Bucky Roberts Administrator