Dedicated or Virtual Private server for Social Networking website

+2 Harsha Naidu · April 6, 2015
I have started a social networking website  and hosted it on Godaddy with a hosting plan. The problem I am facing is: 
website works fine when only some users are using. When concurrent users increase the website is redirected to 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable. 
When I searched about 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error. It shown that website reached maximum concurrent user limit. 

Will Dedicated server have high maximum concurrent user limit 
or  
Will Virtual Private server have high maximum concurrent user limit 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Colonel Panic · April 6, 2015
Put it in AWS, then you can scale horizontally
+1 Robert Dowson · June 3, 2015
If you often receive 503 service unavailable error, it means that your application pool was stop working on server. If you have a lot of recycles it's because your application consistently fails, either by having too high CPU for too long, or consuming too much memory, or working so slow that its request queue exceeds the limit. Stress-test your application to see how it behaves under load. Or it may be that the hoster put so many sites on the same machine that all of them are failing under load.

If your site drive so many visitors, I would recommend you to purchase cloud server or dedicated server. You may check hostforlife.eu for dedicated server plan. I also use their service.

Linux

107,136 followers
About

Linux is a free and open source software operating system for computers.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator