OpenGL - beginner needs help

0 Akseli Einola · April 4, 2015
Hi all!

I want to draw simple 2D graphics, basic shapes (lines, circles, triangles etc) with OpenGL. I'm using Code Blocks.
I how yet done nothing. The questions are: what should i download and from where? After downloading all needed libraries and such how do i install/link them properly? And after all that is done and working can you guys and gals give me a link to good c++ OpenGL tutorial on youtube?

Thanks!

P.S. Bucky should do C++ OpenGL tutorial! ;)

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Akseli Einola · April 6, 2015
Thanks for the advice.

Im following the first tutorial: http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/beginners-tutorials/tutorial-1-opening-a-window/

I got into step 8 and i cannot build the project in Code Blocks. I got the following errors:

||=== Build: all in Tutorials (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h||In constructor 'CTwFPU::CTwFPU()':|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|502|error: '_controlfp' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|503|error: '_MCW_PC' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|503|error: '_PC_24' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|504|error: '_PC_53' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h||In destructor 'CTwFPU::~CTwFPU()':|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|512|error: '_MCW_PC' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|512|error: '_PC_24' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\aeinola\Programming\OpenGL-tutorial_v0014_33\external\AntTweakBar-1.16\src\TwMgr.h|513|error: '_controlfp' was not declared in this scope|
||=== Build failed: 7 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s)) ===|

I could try Visual Studio, but i prefer Code Blocks. Any ideas?
0 Akseli Einola · April 6, 2015
If i do use Visual Studio, am i stuck with it? Or is it easy to go back Code Blocks and create OpenGL projects after the tutorials? Or should i switch to Visual Studio completely?

C++

107,151 followers
About

Used in many types of software including music players, video games, and many large scale applications.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator