Help w/ DatePicker Android Dev

+1 Frrancesc Rodriguez · April 3, 2015
Hello Guys, 

I'm Interested in learning how to create Time and Date Picker with dialog, By dialog i mean the  date and time communicates with the program by saving the preferred date, 

For instance, let's say 

• I weight 140 pounds 2 weeks ago and i want to go back two weeks ago and store the data 

• I want to calculate how much i weighted 2 weeks ago with my weight today so basically subtracting the weight. 

I've watched Bucky's tutorial and he's information is very useful but he hasn't covered DatePicker. 
This is the code I have for Date Picker i just really need help with storing the data and making a log out of it. 

Any help is highly appreciated! 
public class MainActivity extends ActionBarActivity {
    static final int dialog_id = 0;
    int hour, minute;

@Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
        showDialog(dialog_id);
    }

protected Dialog onCreateDialog(int id)
    {
        switch (id)
        {

case dialog_id:

return new TimePickerDialog(this, mTimeSetListerner, hour, minute, false);
        }

return null;
    }

protected TimePickerDialog.OnTimeSetListener mTimeSetListerner = new TimePickerDialog.OnTimeSetListener() {

@Override
        public void onTimeSet(TimePicker view, int hourOfDay, int hour_minute) {
            hour = hourOfDay;
            minute = hour_minute;

Toast.makeText(getBaseContext(), " Setted Time: " + hour + ": " + minute, Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

}

};
    }

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Bartosz Macięga · April 3, 2015
I think for storage data the best will be SQL database, look at this docs there is explained everything :)

http://developer.android.com/training/basics/data-storage/databases.html

Hope it helps :)

Java / Android Development

107,298 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator