I read on the site " http://www.javatpoint.com/java-oops-concepts" that polymorphism has two ways
- overriding (virtual function (dynamic binding))
- overloading (static binding)
however orcale.doc also give the reference of virtual functions which means overriding a method is called polymorphism my question here is that:
- What if we are overrirding a method but not using the existing functionality of method ? will it still be called polymorphism?
- Secondly when we are simply implementing the interface and extending the functionality of base class, what do we call it ?
- Where do Overloading stands ? is it in polymorphism or not ?