Where can i use Ruby???

0 Sampan Verma · March 28, 2015
I dont find Ruby of any use. I need the reason why should I learn Ruby because I kinda want to learn it just because I like the name Ruby

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 alex constantin · March 28, 2015
Web applications, Regular expressions
0 Colonel Panic · April 3, 2015
Ruby is used in web applications all the time via Ruby on Rails. 

It is also used very heavily in server automation's in a program called Chef.   
0 Nikola Novakovic · April 6, 2015
First of all don't you ever learn something just because it has a nice name. That's not a good move and the one you will regret probably down the road.

And the guys above pretty much nailed the purpose of Ruby but I wanted to follow up with this comment.
+2 Erp Eight · April 6, 2015
if u wanted t know the practical uses of ruby u can check out at Codecademy.com.
+1 Arnab Banerjee · July 7, 2015
So looks like some kinda promotion of a Codeacademy.com is going on here/ :P
+1 Erp Eight · July 8, 2015
not promotion codecademy is awesome and i learn Ruby from that ;)
0 Otto Von Chesterfield · July 8, 2015
In my personal experience, Ruby is used for web applications - especially when used with Ruby on Rails!
0 Sampan Verma · July 9, 2015
yes i also tried going for rails but then i got this blend into python and django. i will surely check out codeacademy
0 Patrick Yehle · July 15, 2015
And if you are into RPG Maker. The software uses Ruby vs. C++ and knowing to code and how to alter the base code given to you can make extremely different games compared to what was given. To the Moon is an example of what altering the RPG Maker code can do to a game in that software.

Write web apps quickly and easily with this easy to learn language.

Bucky Roberts Administrator