Android App Installation

0 Toshio Hayakawa · June 23, 2014
HI Tavis: 
After a demo app is created, how can I test it out by installing the app on an actual Smart phone? 
Before I watch the entire 200 videos, I like to test the App.
Do you have a video tutorial in the Android videos?
Thank you, 
Toshio

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Splatface Dev · June 23, 2014
If you are using eclipse, then here is what you need to do.

1. Plug your android phone into your computer via your USB charging cable.

2. On the top, bar of eclipse with all of the symbols, find the green circle with the white arrow. Click the dropdown button, and select "Run Configurations

3. Give the configuration a name at the top

4. Choose the project you will be running

5. Select Launch Default Activity

6. Switch to the "Target" Tab

7. Select the "Always prompt to pick device" button

8. Click "Run"

9. When the next window comes up, check to see if your device comes up in the "Choose a running Android device" section. If it does not, you have one of two problems. The first is that your device is not connected properly. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in on this screen. The second is that your API level is incorrect. Make sure that your device's API level matches the defined levels in AndroidManifest.xml. If you device shows up, but it has an orange triangle, I think this means that is cannot properly communicate with your device. Try a different cable or USB port. 

10. Once your device is showing up, click on it in "Choose a running Android device", and click "OK". It should now download the APK onto your device, and automatically run. Make sure your device is unlocked.

Good Luck!

0 Chathula Sampath · June 23, 2014
you can install app through the eclipse.when you build the app with connect the smart phone with pc.app will install to the mobile and run. you just have to enable usb debbuging when you connect the mobile into pc.
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · June 23, 2014
I am not sure if I understand you question. You want to run the application on your device?

In that case, just enable debug mode on your Android device and connect it to your computer. When you compile and run, it should launch on your device.

Java / Android Development

107,020 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator