HTML and CSS Projects

+3 Stuart Abbott · March 26, 2015
Hi people!

I was wondering if anybody knew of anywhere that has different HTML or CSS projects at all?

I'm asking because it would be nice to have a way to test the things that have been learnt in more real life situations. So not necessarily offering the final solution to somebody, but seeing if a real life problem or query can be managed with HTML and CSS.

For example, say you were learning HTML and CSS and decided that you wanted to test thing. Rather than making a simple website for no purpose, if somebody suggested a project like:

Make a basic website containing x, y and z

It might just be me that thinks this would be a cool idea.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · March 26, 2015
I think making your own site is a great project. It accomplishes several things at once:

1) It puts into practice what you learned in HTML & CSS along with other web based languages.
2) It looks really good to potential employers.
3) It gives you somewhere to post your accomplishments and highlight things you've done. 
+1 Abdullah Nauman · March 26, 2015
Ok, make a website that has a video playlist. Use html video tags. And use CSS to make an appealing UI. 
+1 Sampan Verma · March 27, 2015
You might want to check out the skrollr js cause i think its awesome. Moreover if really you are a master then you might want to build a css framework like bootstrap or skeleton or foundation.... Moreover you can try making a Javascript library and in more depth, a JQuery plugin. This stuff is easy and making the most out of it is tough. You might want to apply something new. For example we can take out the CSS Flipping Block. Or find out the minor differences in CSS properties cause i know CSS is a very big and powerful language. You can even build some stuff like Flappy bird in HTML, CSS but with JavaScript.

If still you have nothing to do then you might check out the world because it is full amazing places:P
0 Mia Simmons · March 30, 2015
I'm going through the video tutorials and everything was great until I got to the video about adding a picture to the background.  This is the code given body{background-image:url(Prairie Star Afghan.jpg);}.  I saved my Notepad++ and refreshed my website screen and it was blank.  

What am I doing wrong?  My image is saved in my html folder as instructed.

+1 Nikola Milic · March 31, 2015
Try with style.

body {
       background-image:url("URL of img");

HTML / CSS / Web Design

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.