When do you start coding in school?

+1 alex constantin · March 25, 2015
I am from England and I'm still in Secondary school, heading towards college.

In the US or in India or in Russia, wherever you guys come from, what age/grade did you start coding, in school?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Sampan Verma · March 28, 2015
Hey man i'm still in 10th grade(today) and know PHP,SQL , JQUERY, JAVASCRIPT, HTML, CSS, SASS, XML, C, Python, Ruby, R, Polymer, Stylus, UDK, Game Maker Studio, Compass, Meteor, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Autodesk 3ds Max, Java, Android. I started learning in 4th grade when teacher was teaching MS-Paint and features of MS XP.
I'm In INDIA.
0 alex constantin · March 28, 2015
What age is 10th grade approximately in India?
0 Ian Arbuckle · March 28, 2015
I was never thought coding in school so had to go and learn Java myself throughout secondary school til I got my place in college then it all started to click from there.
0 Dimitrios Pechlivanis · March 28, 2015
We only worked on pseudocode only in the last year of school, fortunately I went into computer engineer college. Only then I first met programming languages. I wish I started learning earlier!
0 Branislav Lazic · March 28, 2015
It depends on school. In some schools never. I started when I was 16. Second grade of high school for electrical engineering.
0 Yazer Cha · April 14, 2015
Honestly, most schools, like mine, don't teach computer programming in any way, shape, or form.  If you want to get into coding before college, I recommend you just take your own initiative to become a programmer and learn from the internet.  Not only is this the largest database of information anywhere, but you can learn from amazing teachers, like Bucky, that you would never find in a classroom setting.

-Yazer Cha
0 Garrett Gillette · April 14, 2015
My school has no programming classes or anything including computers for that matter.. I learn all my programming stuff while in school on my phone..
0 michael walker · April 15, 2015
i started at the age of 14 or 15 on scratch XD hightly doubt that counts so about 16 on java :D
0 Dol Lod · April 15, 2015
I started in college in my freshman year. Prior to that, I had no programming experience. It is never too late to learn. 
0 alex constantin · April 15, 2015
Thanks for all the advice, I thought I was missing out on a better school but I can see that you all start independently, which is great to know!

General Chat

107,008 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator