Limitations

0 Developer John · March 22, 2015
What are the limitations to Java?

-Thanks!8-)

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · March 23, 2015
Java is fundamentally slow. With Java you sacrifice performance to gain reliability. In order of performance: C,C++,Java. Reliability is the reverse. 
0 Developer John · March 23, 2015
That is true. Java isn't slow. The latest results of both languages have been proven.
That was what I had been taught theoretically in classes covering the origin of programming languages. In that article by the IT university, C did always rank first. I will admit that it was pretty close in a few cases. For a more accurate statement, maybe I should rephrase to Java is relatively slower than C or C++ and that the original design made Java much slower relatively than it is today. 

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/368/why-do-people-still-say-java-is-slow is another link to read about the speed of java. 

Actually i can give you other things that Java has a limitation on: operator overloading,inheriting from more than one parent. Now these cannot be disputed b/c this is was actually made part of the design into the language. 
@ Branislav Lazic.

I think Java is a great language. The only reason I am not mentioning the good things about Java is because  xXx_DeveloperJohn_xXx Snipars  asked for the limitations of Java, not the advantages. 

I am not going to say that having single parent inheritance is always bad but the choice is not left to the programmer making it a stricter language. The same thing can also be said for operator overloading. Again, the programmer does not have the choice of overloading an operator. 
0 Developer John · March 23, 2015
Now, lets not get into an argument here. I just wanted to know Java's limitations, not the performance of a programming language(Java vs. C or C++).

Java / Android Development

128,018 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator